moe

mr jazz

I've seen this band a few times over the last couple of years and they really put on a show. I'm pushing 50 and thought I'd never see another non jazz act I could enjoy but these guys changed my mind. Their new cd is called Conch and worth a listen though it is relatively subdued compared to their live performances.

I've seen this band a few times over the last couple of years and they really put on a show. I'm pushing 50 and thought I'd never see another non jazz act I could enjoy but these guys changed my mind. Their new cd is called Conch and worth a listen though it is relatively subdued compared to their live performances.

I was a HUGE moe.ron in my college days and during the couple years after I graduated (roughly 98-2002), and have seen them probably 15 times or so. I agree with you that their shows are alot of fun. Very crazy and high energy. Always enjoyed their sense of humor as well. Not really sure why, but I just lost interest in their music over the past 5 years, and haven't really re-visited it. I'd like to go to another show just for old time sake. Always had a good time.

On a side note, from 2001 on, moe always had their own little music festival in Chilacotthe (sp?), which is in central Illinois, where a variety of bands would play over a couple of days, and moe would headline each night. It was a really well-run event with LOTS of excellent shaded camping, abundant facilities, and friendly people. Not sure if they still do it.