These 10 dollar Blue Note vinyl reissues

Soul Stream

I see a lot of these Blue Note reissues at my local record shops. You know the ones....great titles hovering around 10 to 12 bucks. Issued by Capitol.... My question is...how good are these relatively speaking? I actually really love buying them. New vinyl at a great price and great titles...

I see a lot of these Blue Note reissues at my local record shops. You know the ones....great titles hovering around 10 to 12 bucks. Issued by Capitol.... My question is...how good are these relatively speaking? I actually really love buying them. New vinyl at a great price and great titles...

I.M.O. The best sounding ( 33 RPM ) reissue`s you can buy at the moment are the EMI-Toshiba ( Japanese), but they are 4 times expensive as your local Capitol`s. :(

I.M.O. The best sounding ( 33 RPM ) reissue`s you can buy at the moment are the EMI-Toshiba ( Japanese), but they are 4 times expensive as your local Capitol`s. :(

But what about the Capitol quality?.... For the price, they seem pretty damn good to my (admitidly) unqualified ears...

But what about the Capitol quality?.... For the price, they seem pretty damn good to my (admitidly) unqualified ears...

Quality is not bad and I`m sure you enjoy these records.

Hurry and go for the George Braith albums. :)

Quality is not bad and I`m sure you enjoy these records.

Hurry and go for the George Braith albums. :)

Yes, I had purchased Two Souls in One quite a while back! :D Saw Lee Morgan's "Indeed" and almost bought that yesterday, but was low on cash....

• 1 year later...

Are these the reissues you are asking about?

I'm curious too. I wouldn't consider myself a "vinyl collector", so I'm not concerned about what's scribed in the dead wax. My stereo is not set up for audiophile criticism either. I guess I just don't want to buy an Analog>Digital>Analog Blue Note LP. Seems to miss the point there...

I would definitely be interested in owning some of my favorites on vinyl though.

I'd also be interested in some of the new reissues from the other BN vinyl thread...

I'd like to hear more about these.