What's happening in Chicago this weekend?

Hey Chicagoland folks--I'll be in your fair city this weekend (Friday midday through Monday). Is there anything going on, other than the obligatory stops at the Jazz Record Mart and maybe da Bastids?

Thanks.

I haven't been in town for several weeks but check out Reckless Records as well....one on Broadway, another on Milwaukee and a new location downtown (I forget the address). The Record Mart has become over-rated (to me) in the past couple years...... but always worth a look if you've not been in some time.

Also, check out Hot House, Green Mill and of course the New Velvet Lounge....could also try Andy's and the New Apartment Lounge. Not sure what's up at the Symphony Center this week?

Have a good time!

Mark~

Thanks Mark! :tup

Hey Chicagoland folks--I'll be in your fair city this weekend (Friday midday through Monday). Is there anything going on, other than the obligatory stops at the Jazz Record Mart and maybe da Bastids?

Thanks.

I haven't been in town for several weeks but check out Reckless Records as well....one on Broadway, another on Milwaukee and a new location downtown (I forget the address). The Record Mart has become over-rated (to me) in the past couple years...... but always worth a look if you've not been in some time.

Also, check out Hot House, Green Mill and of course the New Velvet Lounge....could also try Andy's and the New Apartment Lounge. Not sure what's up at the Symphony Center this week?

Have a good time!

Mark~

my trio (which can be heard here) will be opening up for Everett Green at T&JJ's in Maywood (about a 15-20 minute drive from downtown). We hit at 6:30 if you're interested at all.

If not that, then yeah, kinda hard to top Vonski!

Say Hello to Everett, great guy and what a voice!!! He's an Indy guy...see him all the time!

Wish I could make it in to see your band!

I will be in on the 18th to see the Mingus Epitapt show @ the CSO.

m~

my trio (which can be heard here) will be opening up for Everett Green at T&JJ's in Maywood (about a 15-20 minute drive from downtown). We hit at 6:30 if you're interested at all.

If not that, then yeah, kinda hard to top Vonski!

Say Hello to Everett, great guy and what a voice!!! He's an Indy guy...see him all the time!

Wish I could make it in to see your band!

I will be in on the 18th to see the Mingus Epitapt show @ the CSO.

m~

Everett seems like a great guy. It's pretty rare to find a guy that NOBODY says anything bad about.

I'd love to see the Epitaph show, but I'm playing that night in boystown. And being that we were double booked for the gig we were supposed to play the next morning, we might be playing really really really late.

I haven't been in town for several weeks but check out Reckless Records as well....one on Broadway, another on Milwaukee and a new location downtown (I forget the address).

Mark, if I only visited one location, which would you recommend (looking for vinyl, specifically)?

If you are only going to one place to check out vinyl, I would probably say Jazz Record Mart, not least because Dusty Groove is pretty good about keeping their inventory on-line.

I haven't been in town for several weeks but check out Reckless Records as well....one on Broadway, another on Milwaukee and a new location downtown (I forget the address).

Mark, if I only visited one location, which would you recommend (looking for vinyl, specifically)?

I'm not sure you'll find any real valuable treasures but JRM would most likely be the place as they at the very least have a large selection. Dusty has a smaller selection but the ease you can go through them makes it better for me. JRM to me is just a mess....it's really been that way for years but when they moved to a smaller location, it has worsened. I'm not an expert on vinyl so my means take my recs on that with a grain of salt...just my 2 cents.

Have a great time!

m~

Just heard on the radio that the Oliver Lake Trio is playing tonight at the Velvet Lounge. If I weren't out of town this weekend, I'd be there.

edit to add that I just read that he's being backed by Harrison Bankhead and Dana Hall! :)

Edited by sal