Ronnie O'Sullivan

RONNIE - BAD DAY AT THE OFFICE

14 Dec 2006 18:43:00

Ronnie O'Sullivan issued an apology to his fans after walking out of the Maplin UK Championship.

The Rocket forfeited his best-of-17 quarter-final match against Stephen Hendry at 4-1 down at the York Barbican Centre.

The statement he subsequently issued read: "I wish I could have played a better game today, but I had a bad day in the office.

"Anyone who knows me, knows that I am a perfectionist when it comes to my game, and today, I got so annoyed with myself that I lost my patience and walked away from a game that with hindsight I should have continued.

"I wish I could have given Stephen a better game, and I’m sorry I didn’t stick around to sharpen him up for his semi-final.

"I’m also really sorry to let down the fans who came to see me play - it wasn’t my intention to disappoint them, and for that I am truly apologetic. At this present moment in time I am feeling disappointed with myself and am hurt and numb, but I am a fighter and I will be back on my feet fighting stronger and harder than ever very soon."