LF Alan Dawson CD

LWayne

While checking out allmusic.com I found out that drummer extraordinare and educator Alan Dawson came out with a CD entitled "Waltzin with Flo" on the Blue Geodesics label. The CD was released 10 years after it was recorded in 1992.

I have a good friend who took drum lessons from Mr. Dawson when he lived in Boston and I would love to purchase a copy of this release for his upcoming birthday in February.

Any ideas/ leads would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

LWayne :mellow:

LWayne:

You might try what looks like the label / booking agency e-mail address: bluegeo@bluegeo.com

Some information on line indicates that the late James Williams was the producer for the session. The Blue Geodesics website (http://www.bluegeo.com/) shows that some of his former associates (such as Donald Brown and Bill Mobley) are represented by Blue Geodesics and by an associated record label (Space Time).

Here's something from an All About Jazz story from 2004:

>>>

Space Time Records has exclusively released some sessions of two amazing musicians who died recently : the very rare Memphis pianist, the “secret agent of jazz” and prince of bop : Charles Thomas (3 albums with musicians such as Ron Carter, Billy Higgins, Ben Riley, Ray Drummond, Alan Dawson �) and the legendary Bostonian drummer : Alan Dawson with his this only album he has ever recorded under his name : “ Waltzin' with Flo”.

>>>

Let us know if you get any response.

By the way, I had the pleasure of seeing Alan Dawson live and close up on numerous occasions. He was the first call drummer for years in the Boston area, with good reason.

While checking out allmusic.com I found out that drummer extraordinare and educator Alan Dawson came out with a CD entitled "Waltzin with Flo" on the Blue Geodesics label. The CD was released 10 years after it was recorded in 1992.

I have a good friend who took drum lessons from Mr. Dawson when he lived in Boston and I would love to purchase a copy of this release for his upcoming birthday in February.

Any ideas/ leads would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

LWayne :mellow: