OJCs, other Concords, some Verves $4.99 @ J&R

Big Al

Kind of strange. I received 2 emails from J & R stating my order was being shipped by both UPS and the Postal Service. Well, my entire order courtesy the USPS arrived today to my delight. Hopefully I wont be receiving a duplicate shipment from UPS also?

If you do, it will certainly explain why so many titles are not in stock! :)

Nine days and still holding for my second order. The email confirmation for the order indicated that all of the items were in stock. Today I checked the items in the order against their current inventory and find that two of them are not in stock. It wouldn't be a big deal if the Steve Allen Plays Jazz Tonight title (kind of a whim choice) doesn't ship but I really would like to receive that Phil And Quill With Prestige CD.

Edited by mikelz777

I placed my order for 30+ CDs on 1/21...received an email that two of the items were not in stock several days later...and finally received a shipping confirmation yesterday. However, the shipping confirmation was only for 10 of the discs! I went to their website to check the status of the order, and the remainder of the items are listed as "processing."

Huh?! :blink:

I'll give it a few days to see what happens before I try to contact them...

EDITED FOR CORRECTION:

I forgot that I placed two separate orders, one day apart... The first order shipped, minus the two items not in stock. The second order is "processing".

Edited by street singer

Check your order totals carefully if you were shipped an order that had some cancelled items. You may very well have been charged $1.00 shipping on each item that was cancelled. I've had to call for refunds in the past.

Thanks for the heads up!

This morning I noticed that they were finally shipping the rest of my order & had canceled another ten percent of the order (I made a big order) but had never refunded me any of the shipping. They ended up canceling about 25% of my order in all (all were listed as in "in stock").

I called and spent 10 minutes on the phone with the customer service rep arguing that they did charge me the original shipping rate. It was ridiculous because they actually were looking at the same page I was that explained everything. In the end they refunded me the shipping total they had overcharged me but this part of the experience has been enough for me to stay away from them in the future.

Another negative note about my experience with J&R has been most of the jewel cases have been cracked or broken.

I received 5 out of 6 items in my first order but was still charged $1.00 shipping on the cancelled item. I just received an email today informing me that 4 of the 5 items in my second order were cancelled even though the web site indicates that 3 of the 4 cancelled items are still in stock. Ironically, the only item not cancelled in my second order and still listed as processing shows that it's out of stock on the web site. I'm guessing it's pretty likely that that item will be cancelled as well. Time for a call to customer service.

Having worked in phone customer service for 12+ years I've learned that being nasty, snarky or giving attitude will get you nowhere and work against you so I was being nice and polite. I had no trouble getting them to agree to refund for the $1.00 shipping charge but the rep there asked if I would prefer to receive the cancelled item instead. She said she could place it on backorder so I could still get it at $4.99 (with no additional shipping charges, just what was already noted on the invoice as if everything had shipped) if I were willing to wait for it. I agreed and asked that it be extended to the second order as well. Since they don't charge you until the item ships I figured, why not? I'm not that hot for these that I can't wait a while. I've got plenty of other stuff I need to listen to in the mean time. I asked why the cancelled items still appear as "in stock" on the web site and she indicated that the web site sometimes took a few days to update.

Now granted, I've experienced "customer service" where they'll say anything or say they'll do anything to get you off the phone so I'll just have to be patient and see how this thing pans out. I did get the rep's name and extension if future contact is needed. This whole situation is a bit lame and a lot looser and imprecise than it should be but I'll hang in there for another 2 weeks and give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

Edited by mikelz777

J&R is going to keep me guessing. I just got notice that the one remaining uncancelled item (Phil and Quill With Prestige) on my second order that their site showed was out of stock has now shipped. I just wish they'd ship the cancelled items that their site shows are in stock. Then I'd only be out 1 item.

Edited by mikelz777

Update: I just received notice that 4 of my 5 formerly cancelled items have shipped! I had planned on having to hang tough for at least another week. They re-cancelled that 5th item so I'll have to call them and see if they'd give me a substitute for $4.99. If so, I'll just grab a different title.

The bulk of my order (15 CDs) placed on 1/21 is still listed as "processing". I received an email from them a week or so ago stating that they were still trying to fulfill the order. Hmmm... I'm not in a big hurry or anything - I've got plenty of other new stuff to listen to; however, this experience will definitely make me hesitate to order from them in the future. <_<