Tel Aviv Jazz Festival

The Tel-Aviv Jazz festival is celebrating 19 winters but for me its the 2nd one as it's artistic director. It's still very exciting for me. I'm hoping people will like the program.

Here are some of the concerts in the coming festival:

David "Fathead" Newman quartet w/Kirk Lightsey and drummer Sangoma Everett will open (and close) the festival. David will celebrate his 75th Birthday with us.

Saxophonist Odean Pope will be joined by 8 Israeli sax players as well as Israeli rhythm to for his Saxophone choir and play his compositions and arrangements.

Kahil El'Zabar Ethnic Heritage Ensemble w/Ernest Dawkins and Corey Wilkes

Bassist Mario Pavone will play a tribute to Thomas Chapin – 10 years after Chapin's premature death. Pavone will be joined by the second third of the famed Chapin trio – Michael Sarin, as well as Saxophonist Michael Blake.

Albert Beger 4tet – "Big Mother": One of Israel's premiere Jazz musicians will launch his new CD, dedicated to mother earth and environmental issues in the festival.

David Balilty-Sangoma Everett sextet – Afro-Moroccan fusion. A fusion of African and Moroccan Gnawa music and rhythms, plus Jazz in this international project.

Yotam Silberstein 4tet – New York Based Israeli guitarist Yotam Silberstein will play originals and Jazz and Israeli standards.

Tromboniere – a group of 4 bones and a rhythm, with 4 of the best bone players in Israel.

A tribute to Jacque Sany: at the age of 80, Jacque is still going strong, and we'll pay tribute to his jazz history, playing his Trad-Jazz/Bechet/Swing style all the way from Tunisia to Tel Aviv.

Avi Adrian trio: a pianist that I love will play a concert that combines Jazz interpretations to Hassidic music and some Monk.

In addition - some excellent free concerts, beer and a lot of fun!

What????? No organissimo this year??????

I guess I'll cancel my reservations. :angry:

:P

Couldn't afford the shipping costs of the B3... ;)

Not to mention the costs of shipping Jim, Joe, and Randy. :)

Looks like a terrific lineup, by the way. :tup

Edited by Ron S