ensemble charts

Joe G

I know there are two or three members active in music education. Just wondering what your sources are for ensemble charts. I started teaching guitar for the jazz program at MSU this term, and I've got three students. I figure for the studio class we could do a guitar ensemble (quartet with me sitting in), but I haven't been able to locate much material online beyond a couple of Mel Bay books that were recommended to me. I'll likely start with those but I'm looking for arrangements of maybe classic jazz tunes. Any leads will be appreciated!

I know there are two or three members active in music education. Just wondering what your sources are for ensemble charts. I started teaching guitar for the jazz program at MSU this term, and I've got three students. I figure for the studio class we could do a guitar ensemble (quartet with me sitting in), but I haven't been able to locate much material online beyond a couple of Mel Bay books that were recommended to me. I'll likely start with those but I'm looking for arrangements of maybe classic jazz tunes. Any leads will be appreciated!

Try emailing Vic & Corey. I'm sure they could help

vic_juris@comcast.net, corey@themusicschool.us, corey@coreychristiansen.com;

Thanks!

STFU, FFA!

:g

Might also contact Phil Marsh.. ppmarsh1@comcast.net

Phil has been writing arrangements and is still very interested

in getting together a guitar ensemble..

Carlos Melendez.. tkjazz335@hotmail.com

Carlos is directing the jazz band at Alma College and may have some charts and ideas.

He is also still very interested in the guitar ensemble idea.

Edited by randissimo