UK's DAB jazz station to close down!

RogerF

this was the reply I received after I emailed them to voice my dismay...

Dear Roger,

Thank you for your support of theJazz over the past 15 months. We do understand how disappointed you must be because of the changes to our programmes that we announced today.

We remain committed to supporting jazz music and the musicians who make it. From February 25, Classic FM will broadcast two hours of jazz music between midnight and 2am, seven days a week. This programme will be available on FM as well as DAB and will therefore reach a far wider audience.

In addition, these programmes will be available to listen to any time of the day or night, up to seven days after broadcast via Classic FM’s listen again service. You can access this service online at www.classicfm.com/listenagain.

We will also be adding a rolling jazz music stream to myclassicfm.com which will be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The service allows users to ban and rate tracks, giving them control over what they hear.

I very much hope you will continue to listen to our jazz programming using one of these three options.

Thank you for taking the trouble to get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Darren Henley

Managing Director

theJazz

naturally I will be setting my alarm clock for around midnight to catch those two precious hours but really I'm not laughing - this is a real loss

Edited by RogerF