Jazz or non-jazz photos

You'll be very welcome down here, Bev. I think I recognise that boathouse shot as Trevarno ( ? ).

Trevarno indeed - the normal publicity shot, but I couldn't resist!

I thought of you as I whizzed up to Wheal Coates one night to catch the sunset, passing signs to Mount Hawke (was staying at the campsite the otherside of Tehidy Park. One of my favourite cafes in the world lies just a mile or so away at Hell's Mouth. The breakfasts are amazing!)

Was staying up near Rock a few days later (before Cameron got there and started misusing village names) - unfamiliar territory for me. Stumbled on this while walking the headland:

Didn't know that.

Neither did I, but there's a lot I don't know about Cornwall. There's a good cafe/restaurant at Porthtowan called The Blue Bar which also does great breakfasts ( and other meals ).

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither did I, but there's a lot I don't know about Cornwall. There's a good cafe/restaurant at Porthtowan called The Blue Bar which also does great breakfasts ( and other meals ).

I'll remember that - I've been in the pub there. My cousin and his wife live in Porthtowan, immediately as you drive in after leaving the coast road.

Another favourite of mine is the National Trust tea shop at Carnewas by Bedruthan Steps. Gets busy but makes for a lovely 10.00 coffee followed by a decent onto that marvellous beach.

Don't know if you have followed Robert Fripp down the years but this might be of interest:

Travis & Fripp will be making their final UK appearances for 2010 in two beautiful churches in Cornwall in October. It is also their first appearance in the South West of England. The performances are as follows-

Friday, 29th Oct (7.30pm) Falmouth, Cornwall. - All Saints Church, Killigrew St (01736 334 682)

Saturday, 30th Oct (7.30pm) Newlyn, Near Penzance, Cornwall . - St Peter's Church (01736 334 682)

http://www.dgmlive.com/news.htm?entry=3113

Edited by A Lark Ascending

I'll remember that - I've been in the pub there. My cousin and his wife live in Porthtowan, immediately as you drive in after leaving the coast road.

Another favourite of mine is the National Trust tea shop at Carnewas by Bedruthan Steps. Gets busy but makes for a lovely 10.00 coffee followed by a decent onto that marvellous beach.

Don't know if you have followed Robert Fripp down the years but this might be of interest:

Travis & Fripp will be making their final UK appearances for 2010 in two beautiful churches in Cornwall in October. It is also their first appearance in the South West of England. The performances are as follows-

Friday, 29th Oct (7.30pm) Falmouth, Cornwall. - All Saints Church, Killigrew St (01736 334 682)

Saturday, 30th Oct (7.30pm) Newlyn, Near Penzance, Cornwall . - St Peter's Church (01736 334 682)

http://www.dgmlive.com/news.htm?entry=3113

Thanks for the info on Fripp. I've got his 2006 Churchscapes album. I assume this is the same sort of thing?

BRIAN AUGER & OBLIVION EXPRESS.......EARLIER TODAY.............

ONE OF THE MOST HIGH ENERGY SHOWS IVE SEEN A WHILE, THEY COVERED FREEDOM JAZZ DANCE AND ALSO COMPARED TO WHAT, AND THEY COVERED THEM IN A VERY UNIQUE WAY, IT WAS VERY GOOD. THEIR COVER OF LIGHT MY FIRE, WAS ALSO VERY UNIQUE- THE SINGER WAS HIS DAUGHTER AND SHE WAS SPOT ON PERFECT AND VERY SOULFUL, AND HIS SON WAS ON DRUMS. GET THIS NOW:::::::::::::::::: THE BASS PLAYER, WAS **JOE SAMPLES** SON, NICK SAMPLE!! I ASKED NICK AS A MATTER OF FACT, WHY IS STIX NOT IN THE JAZZCRUSADERS REUNION, HE SAID: STIX JUST PRODUCES NOW, HE DOESNT PLAY ANYMORE

post-3075-128376203624_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the info on Fripp. I've got his 2006 Churchscapes album. I assume this is the same sort of thing?

Yes, very similar. Do you know Travis at all? A good jazzer but with a love of late/60s and early 70/s rock. His band with Mike Outram on guitar is well worth catching - I seem to recall they played the St Ives club at one point. He guests sometime with Gong (still going, it seems) and Porcupine Tree.

Yes, very similar. Do you know Travis at all? A good jazzer but with a love of late/60s and early 70/s rock. His band with Mike Outram on guitar is well worth catching - I seem to recall they played the St Ives club at one point. He guests sometime with Gong (still going, it seems) and Porcupine Tree.

Travis is another of those names I know but whose music I haven't heard. I'm definitely going to check this Fripp gig out.

Nice sunsets!

I'm also addicted to them. And the nice thing about digital photography is that you can just keep snapping in the knowledge that the ones that don't work, get blurred etc can just be deleted at no extra cost.

I especially like the cloud patterns you get in the sky at the time - you've caught that nicely.

Edited by A Lark Ascending

Nice sunsets!

I'm also addicted to them. And the nice thing about digital photography is that you can just keep snapping in the knowledge that the ones that don't work, get blurred etc can just be deleted at no extra cost.

I especially like the cloud patterns you get in the sky at the time - you've caught that nicely.

at the same time, a friend was shooting with film, which makes the best shots, but he ran out of film.

Picture255-1.jpg

a moulting peacock

Picture209.jpg

water flowing from a memorial fountain

Picture019-1.jpg

new holland pumpkin beer at the pub

Picture195.jpg

gracing the fountain-not yet prey to fall

Picture203.jpg

gracing the memorial fountain-not yet prey to fall.

Edited by alocispepraluger102

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

BellsSpecialDoubleCreamStout-11-20-10.jpg

this year's edition of bell's special double cream stout is heavenly; surely there is no finer beer in heaven.

the bell's expedition this year is just horrible, for expedition stout. it has no body, and is really really bitter. the fabulous balance is just a mess. i wonder if this is just a bad bell's batch. they have more than their shares of bad bottlings of fine beers.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...