What radio are you listening to right now?

BillF

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AussieDixieland/Ragtime on Live 365.

Sniffing around for trad jazz on the internets, this one seems to fit the bill quite nicely. It does have short commercials, which is fine. (Some of these 365 broadcasts don't seem to have any). Just tuned in, so don't know much about it -- self-described as Dixieland and Ragtime played by Aussie bands. :excited:

Sniffing around for trad jazz on the internets, this one seems to fit the bill quite nicely. It does have short commercials, which is fine. (Some of these 365 broadcasts don't seem to have any). Just tuned in, so don't know much about it -- self-described as Dixieland and Ragtime played by Aussie bands. :excited:

Just tried 365 for the first time and have selected Mostly Bop from Los Angeles and am getting "Charge Account" by Dave Lambert and Buddy Stewart with Red Rodney's Beboppers. Pretty good for a first attempt!

Just tried 365 for the first time and have selected Mostly Bop from Los Angeles and am getting "Charge Account" by Dave Lambert and Buddy Stewart with Red Rodney's Beboppers. Pretty good for a first attempt!

Checking out Mostly Bop with you now. Red Norvo -- Bernie's Tune. Very nice.

Checking out Mostly Bop with you now. Red Norvo -- Bernie's Tune. Very nice.

Seems to be heavy on bop vocals and Fats Navarro. Suits me!

OK, this Trad Jazz Radio station is playing a lot of stuff by European trad jazz bands -- Original Victoria Band (Dutch), the Hot Antic Jazz Band (French), Loverfield Jazz Band (Swiss). Some of the bands have web sites, sometimes with an option to translate to English, sometimes not. Placing an ordering in Dutch is just too much for me to manage, I'm afraid.

I would love to dig into this stuff a little bit but these bands seem to be virtual unknowns at the usual outlets.

Anyone know of any websites that might carry some of this music?

In the meantime, enjoying the hell out of these European bands. :excited:

More Trad Jazz Radio out of Wassenberg, Germany, this rainy afternoon.

Most recent playlist:

Preservation Hall Jazz Band -- "Jaffe's Struttin' Blues" (album: New Orleans, Vol. 4)

Graeme Hewitt's High Society Jazzband -- "If You Were the Only Girl In the World" (album: Walking With The King)

Ellington -- "Sophisticated Lady" (album: Ken Burns Jazz)

The Original Wildcat Jass Band -- "I'll Be Glad When You're Dead (You Rascal You)" (album: I'll Be Glad When You're Dead)

Guest Bill Barton

OK, this Trad Jazz Radio station is playing a lot of stuff by European trad jazz bands -- Original Victoria Band (Dutch), the Hot Antic Jazz Band (French), Loverfield Jazz Band (Swiss). Some of the bands have web sites, sometimes with an option to translate to English, sometimes not. Placing an ordering in Dutch is just too much for me to manage, I'm afraid.

I would love to dig into this stuff a little bit but these bands seem to be virtual unknowns at the usual outlets.

Anyone know of any websites that might carry some of this music?

In the meantime, enjoying the hell out of these European bands. :excited:

I'm not familiar with web-based outlets for this music but have a fair amount of the Hot Antic Jazz Band on the Stomp Off label (LPs). Those are well worth searching for. They did a couple with Jabbo Smith that I'd dearly love to hear too.