Some Bargains on New Rhapsody service

medjuck

Rhapsody has begun offering mp3 downloads for sale. Pricing is about the same as iTunes Store. So-so selection. However they are offering one free album download to the first 100,000 people who register. I was looking for some Ivie Anderson material and found the cd I most wanted "Raisin' the Rent" was listed as a single, so I got a 24 cut cd for 99 cents as well as a free download. I don't know if they made this mistake anywhere else and I feel a bit guilty taking advantage of them (and telling others about it) but at least I'm helping to publicize the the service as well as (I hope) helping out some short-on-money jazz fans.

All the prices will be fixed eventually. Setting up those stores is a major pain in the ass (I know, I did one of them), much easier to deal with per track pricing than per unit pricing which is where box sets come into play. Get the good deals while you can...after all the lion's share of the profits go to the blood-sucking record labels.