Anyone check out Amazon's new book search feature?

I had ignored the dull looking letter at the top of the Amazon page (Who cares what they are touting, I want to look something up, outta my way jerkface! :angry: )

So, I put my ADD on hold for a sec and read it...says something about being able to search every word in over 120,000 books! Search didn't look any different ( A mistake not to have an advanced search separate for this, IMHO) but I typed in Manny Klein, not the most famous name in jazz, and several books came up, with a excerpt with his name mentioned, and the page it is mentioned on. There is a link to get to the text from the Book! Hard to read, but there is a zoom at the bottom of the (copywrited) text. I was able to highlight the text and print, but looks kind of poor. But, I think long run, this is going to be great to see if someone is mentioned in a book, or what book it was you saw the reference...obviously, it will work nicely outside of jazz as well, but all I have used it for....anyone else use this yet??? If someone has mentioned it before, sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by BERIGAN

On the one hand, I also thought it was a very cool idea. But I've since done some searches for a couple books, where I pretty much knew what the title was (or what a few words of the title were), and I had a devil of a time finding the books - since I was getting SO many hits on books with those same works in the body of the book itself.

Great idea, but they sure do need to do some fine-tuning with their new search engine. Or at the very least, make it an option to either search for key words within book content (and not just titles), AND give users the ability to search for keywords in the titles of books only. (In other words, some way to turn off the new feature.