WOW

Liketowatch

P.S. - If you like Garaj, you will really like his big brother, Taj.

Sorry ADHD alert:

Have you heard Taj's new one?? Maestro is kickin serious butt!

Anyhow,

how come none of our resident smart-asses commented on

"Gentile Giant"

???

You guys are slippin'

Liketowatch,

these guys may be kneejerkin' to what they believe is "spam," or they are right on

the mark. Not entirely sure that you are spammin' as my secret decoder ring has

been on the fritz. On the off chance that you are not, I apologize for these clowns.

But seriously, most of these guys are pretty cool and very well informed. If you are

truly here for some info, please stick around. If you are "spammin," well there's the do'.

Edited by GregN

It's rare for spam to mouth back, but it's been known to happen.

btw, in the second thread liketowatch started, it was "The Gentle Giant Band".

And for the record, I do like Garaj Mahal (just saw them in Indy a few weeks ago), but I think I prefer Fareed Haque on his own.

Anyhow,

how come none of our resident smart-asses commented on

"Gentile Giant"

???

You guys are slippin'

You are slippin' Greg. Aggie addressed that back in post 12. <_<

Yeah, but only ONE of ya? ;)

Seriously, Gentile Giant is funny...

to me

It's rare for spam to mouth back, but it's been known to happen.

btw, in the second thread liketowatch started, it was "The Gentle Giant Band".

And for the record, I do like Garaj Mahal (just saw them in Indy a few weeks ago), but I think I prefer Fareed Haque on his own.

Just downloaded the new one, sounds pretty sweet thus far.

Btw, Joe, congrats on the recent radio success!! 2009 is goin' to be your year! I'm sure of it brother.

Anyhow, I hope this was really spam and not just a new guy who actually signed up a while ago and may have been just looking for the courage to jump in.

You all can be a tough bunch... (you know I love ya man).

I thought I'd seen that avatar before. Liketowatch did sign up a while ago, and seems to have tag-team-spammed us back then.

WOW

Anybody lurking for that long should know the tenor of the board. :crazy:

Not sure I see it as spam there either... (liketowatch's contribution anyhow). But I've been wrong before.

Nevetheless, it seems some generous, "benefit of doubt" could be cool. Even if just for the benefit of any other lurkers trying to sense the water.

Seems only a handful of folks here set the tenor, yet there appears to be many many more registered folks not really

participating. Just an observation. Not an indictment.

I've read some really amazing and informative posts here on the forum, btw. And Spam or not, I just bought a really cool record

because of it. Now to piss Jim off... I forgot to use the link here on the organissimo forum (that helps the forum maintain)... dang it. (got it off itunes)

Anyhow, I am going to go back to what I do best. Lurk and shake my head at you nutballs. ;)

I thought I'd seen that avatar before. Liketowatch did sign up a while ago, and seems to have tag-team-spammed us back then.

WOW

Anybody lurking for that long should know the tenor of the board. :crazy:

a Michael Franks avatar...who would have an avatar like that? :ph34r:

Garaj Mahal, album w00T, and all his stuff on emusic is spectacular.

hey Joe, I ask a question because it's unknown to me. No need for that crap.....need good info not garbage comments for empty head know it all's...doc

This was the one I couldn't wrap my head around. :huh:

If I was wrong about this person being real, my sincere apologies.

I was just recommending an under-rated organ trio to the fellow based on his taste. He responded by calling us morons.

WOW

Yeah, that was a bit knee-jerky and nutty on his part.

However, if you will allow some momentary devil's advocacy:

It could read as sarcasm on your part as this IS essentially www.organissimo.org,

and sarcasm was the tenor of this thread pretty early on.

If that makes sense. No offense intended, just reflecting on the whole thing.

And you are right, he should check out organissimo the band!

:party:

The sarcasm was intended.

I catch your drift though. He's probably a good guy, just doesn't understand internet etiquette.

You know as well as I do that he is welcome to engage in discussion. He has a three page thread here. I even started an offshoot thread after checking Garaj Mahal out again on archive.org!

I'd say it is pretty indicative of the general tone of the board. You ask questions, you get answers. You make statements, you get comments. And emoticons. Pages of them.

Let's talk about The Garaj Mahal!

Let's talk about The Garaj Mahal!

Man, I am listening at the moment. LOTS of musical information here, but so far I am generally really diggin it.

Where is the offshoot thread? I wouldn't mind getting others' thoughts after I've basked in this one a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Man! You guys are vicious!

For the record, I dig Garaj Mahal, the band, made up of different dudes, none of whom are named Garaj Mahal. Fareed Haque was my improv teacher, combo director, and resident road warrior/professor in college. Very cool individual and amazing musician, even if his group sometimes enters kitschy territory. There are some really remarkable grooves on w00t. We're playin' it on the Jazz Fusion channel at AccuRadio! Go listen!