Holy Freakin' Crap!!!

Well, I went back by the store, and they are now having a special "50% off all used cds" sale. This being a used box, it's now down to about $90.00.

I'm still having a hard time convincing myself to part with $90, and at 18 discs, I'm worried this might be a little TOO much. At the same time, I don't want to kick myself for missing out on something good, perhaps excellent.

What a conundrum! Someone tell me I'm being stupid for not jumping on this...

PS - I did pick up a couple of bargains - The Band's Last Waltz (4 disc set) for $20, Genesis' 4 disc box #1 (with the Live Lamb set) for $20, and the 12 disc Grateful Dead box (65-73) for $50. My wallet is in pain, but I think I did ok...

Aggie,

How about this for a push.

If you don't buy it, buy it for me!

Seriously, I'll send you the $$ plus shipping plus something for your trouble.

Paypal or bank check or whatever.

Let me know!

(I could even chip in my 4cd set of the Best of Nat King Cole :) )

Claypone

Well, I went back by the store, and they are now having a special "50% off all used cds" sale. This being a used box, it's now down to about $90.00.

I'm still having a hard time convincing myself to part with $90, and at 18 discs, I'm worried this might be a little TOO much. At the same time, I don't want to kick myself for missing out on something good, perhaps excellent.

What a conundrum! Someone tell me I'm being stupid for not jumping on this...

PS - I did pick up a couple of bargains - The Band's Last Waltz (4 disc set) for $20, Genesis' 4 disc box #1 (with the Live Lamb set) for $20, and the 12 disc Grateful Dead box (65-73) for $50. My wallet is in pain, but I think I did ok...

Wow, 50% off.

How can you go wrong.

$90 for 18 CDs. Best Bargain in the country.

(Course, when I got the Nat King Cole Mosaic box sealed at a used store, it was priced at $100 and they just happened to have a 10% sale on 'used' items, so I was trying to act cool while buying the Mosaic box for $90 plus tax) :g

LOL - ok, ok, I get the message. I'm gonna go out and pick this up then.

Thanks for the sufficient pushes. ;)

-Erik

PS - David - SMU had to have a better football season than A&M did (was our first losing season in about 20 years, I think). I still remember an A&M Corps of Cadets student chasing an SMU cheerleader around with his saber, after SMU beat us - back in the early 80s - so we obviously don't handle losing very well!)

Erik,

I wish that were so. SMU was 0-11 this year :( At one time we were ranked 117th out of 117. Army had the distinguished honor of being 0-12 :o . Great story about the cadet. Tracks with my memories of the few times we beat A&M (mid-70s). Of course, SMU has never been the same since the Death Penalty :angry: . That's why the NCAA will never impose it again.

Enough collegiate banter, enjoy the NKC set, it's a treasure.