Bill Evans - Secret Sessions

BeBop

Got an email from SS saying they shipped everything except the Bill Evans which is "In Process". Oh well. When I clicked it into my cart, it was advertised as the last available copy. Waiting for more from a distrib, lost count, being shipped from another (slower) location?

Debut Records Story box set is another bargain at $8.97.

http://www.secondspin.com/music/product-detail.jsp?id=890182

What a steal! Wish I'd known that earlier, I would've lumped it in. Oh well, there's always this alternative which started yesterday:

For one week only, buy any four CDs and we'll give you 20% off your ENTIRE order, Plus Free Standard or International Shipping! ... Just use promo code 4CDDEAL at checkout ... offer expires 08/20/09.

I guess 4-CD box sets don't count as 4 CDs. ^_^ Any recommendations on what the other three should be?

Thanks to bebop (and then to mellow for the heads up on the $8 price decrease) the Interplay set arrived today. I ordered it on 8/12 and it shipped 8/13. It was plastic wrapped with two "used" stickers on the outside of the box with only a scratch out of the bar code. At first glance the cds and the booklet appear to be brand new. Because the long box is shorter than the Sony long boxes, cd #1 and #2 overlap as do cd #4 and #5. The booklet looks great with original album covers included.

Debut Records Story box set is another bargain at $8.97.

http://www.secondspin.com/music/product-detail.jsp?id=890182

What a steal! Wish I'd known that earlier, I would've lumped it in. Oh well, there's always this alternative which started yesterday:

For one week only, buy any four CDs and we'll give you 20% off your ENTIRE order, Plus Free Standard or International Shipping! ... Just use promo code 4CDDEAL at checkout ... offer expires 08/20/09.

I guess 4-CD box sets don't count as 4 CDs. ^_^ Any recommendations on what the other three should be?

I see there are a couple of Joe Henderson 'Milestone Years' boxes available at $23.99.

Under "your account" on Secondspin they list the dollar value available for credit for your "collection" (what you bought from them). Interplay, with a sales price of $20.99, shows a credit value of $16.25. Not bad. On the other hand the Debut Records Story, selling for $8.97, has a credit value of 5 cents!! I sure hope it's in decent condition when it arrives.