Pojama People Play Zappa (featuring Ike Willis)

Johnny E

This message is for everyone, but especially the Seattle based board members...

I am excited to let you know that on September 11th Reptet will be performing with Pojama People Plays Zappa (featuring Ike Willis). Mr. Willis was one of the longest playing members of Frank Zappa's bands and the Pojama People play only Frank Zappa's music.

Ike was an essential component of many of Frank's most creative and powerful bands, playing guitar and singing lead vocals on such albums as Joe's Garage, Tinseltown Rebellion, You Are What You Is and Thing Fish. The three times I saw Frank Zappa, Ike Willis was the front man. How could I ever forget him singing, Lucille Has Messed My Mind Up & Why Does It Hurt When I Pee? He may just do them again on the 11th? The show is sure to be a barn burner and I hope you can make it, but here's the thing...

The Mix has the opening band pre-sell tickets. The show is $15 at the door, but only $10 if you purchase a ticket in advance from a Reptet band member. Furthermore, if you buy your tickets through me, then the vast majority of that cash goes straight to Reptet. Drop us a line and I'll place a ticket of your sweaty little palm. I have a limited supply of tickets so get in touch asap.

Friday, September 11th

Pojama People Plays Zappa (with Ike Willis) / Reptet

at THE MIX

6006 12th Ave S. (in Georgetown)

Seattle, WA. 98108

Tickets $10 adv - $15 door

8:00PM - $21+

Thanks,

-john

Ps. If you show up at the door the day of, please tell the door guy you are there to see Reptet. This will allow some of that money to be funneled our way.