FS: Bang & Olufsen turntable: Beogram RX

skeith

This turntable was purchased in 1985 for $260 with cartridge. In very good shape except that one one of the phono plug connectors has a bit of the plastic that has cracked and come off - but this does not affect sound.

I have the original owner's manual, box, original purchase receipt etc.

Looking for $100.

If you are in NYC metro area, we could avoid shipping it and I just hand it to you.

Edited by skeith

Linear tracking?

Not sure TTK, it's a rather simple design. Tonearm is straight except slight angle where you attach stylus. Stylus pressure is added or subtracted through the counterweight at the other end of the arm. Nothing in the owner's manual says "linear tracking" as a feature. Bottom line - I'm not sure.

Linear tracking?

Not sure TTK, it's a rather simple design. Tonearm is straight except slight angle where you attach stylus. Stylus pressure is added or subtracted through the counterweight at the other end of the arm. Nothing in the owner's manual says "linear tracking" as a feature. Bottom line - I'm not sure.

Linear tracking involves the tone arm sliding horizontally in a track, so it remains at a consistent angle throughout. Pivotal tracking is the more standard technology of turntables. B&O utilized both in different models.

The RX was the standard pivot. I think the linears have numbers like 3000 or something.

I remember the sales guy trick was to pick up the side of the table and lift it beyond 45 degrees while the arm still tracked - 'cuz you know that everyone does that in order to hide stuff under it at parties.

The RX series is a great table if your looking to keep your vinyl pristine.

Edited by Man with the Golden Arm

B&O stopped making the cartridges, but a company in Peekskill NY called Soundsmith has been making the B&O cartridges rather successfully for some time now beginning at $150. So replacement cartridges are available and will be available for the table I am offering.

Edited by skeith