Metallica

Lou Reed

Ozzie

U2

The Boss

Patty Smith

Black Eyed Peas

Mick Jagger

I'm sure I missed a few. It was fabulous. I'm sure you'll never see that amount of talent on one stage at one time again.

Don't recall everything but he played A Day in the Life and some other things that may have been on the Ronnie Scott recordings. He was accompanied by what I believe is his regular band, which includes Tal Wilkenfeld on bass, who is just superb.

Thanks!

I don't know why I didn't consult the Yahoo Beck list first, I'm a member but it get's busy. (Holy crap, I hope I get to hear this someday!):

Jeff Beck:

"Drown in My Own Tears"

(I've never heard him do this!)

Jeff Beck and Sting:

"People Get Ready"

(different singer - new and improved!)

Jeff Beck:

"Freeway Boogie"

"Cause We've Ended as Lovers"

he does these all the time.

Buddy Guy with Jeff Beck:

"Let Me Love You"

Jeff Beck:

"Big Block"

"Rice Pudding"

Billy Gibbons and Jeff Beck:

"Rough Boy"

Jeff Beck and Billy Gibbons:

"Foxy Lady"

(El Becko meets Rev. Billy G! They should do an album!)

Jeff Beck:

"A Day in the Life"

Edited by 7/4

and this just in from the NY Times:

Jeff Beck embraced Sting after he brought vocals to “People Get Ready.” But he got down on his knees worshipfully before the bluesman Buddy Guy when they finished “Let Me Love You,” with Beck mostly sticking to rhythm guitar while Guy played streaking, searing blues lines. Guy and Beck were the kind of kindred spirits that the Hall of Fame can easily link in a linear history of rock. Beck builds overwhelming dramas with his guitar solos, and Guy’s tension-release dynamics and outbursts of speed are clearly among his strategic models. When he brought Guy onstage, he said the bluesman “inspired me so much in 1962 that I never got over it.”

Maybe Sting and Clapton should do an album with Beck. Rod Stewart can't really sing very well and more so it looks like a reunion with Beck is out of the question. Clapton did shows with Beck earlier this year and there's some scheduled in London for 2010, so I predict an album with at least those two, but they're gonna need a singer.

Apparently there was other history made this week at the R'n'R HoFame shows, but it's not very notable at my keyboard. :rolleyes:

Thanks for posting the above. The part with Billy Gibbons was outstanding as was the song with Sting.

The oddest pairing of the evening was Lou Reed with Metallica. Just didn't work. Of course, everbody loved Enter Sandman. I'm actually seeing them at MSG in two weeks time.

Rock’s Hall of Famers Mix It Up

In the Hall of Fame’s taxonomy of styles, Jeff Beck represents the British blues movement from which he emerged in the 1960’s. But since then he has applied the tension and release of blues guitar to other structures, particularly jazz-rock fusions. He had Sting as vocalist for “People Get Ready,” but for most of Mr. Beck’s set the guitar did the singing: crooning long melodic phrases in “Cause We’ve Ended as Lovers” and the Ray Charles hit “Drown in My Own Tears,” spiraling toward a frenzy in “Freeway Boogie,” using bent notes and distortion to make sustained lines seethe with tension in “A Day in the Life.”

Mr. Beck gave the concert its most familial moment. He acknowledged that seeing Buddy Guy “inspired me so much in 1962 that I never got over it.” And he hung back, sticking mostly to rhythm guitar, as Mr. Guy tore into “Let Me Love You,” singing with a blues shout that built toward raspy hysteria and playing solos that attacked the blues shuffle like a machete. Afterward, Mr. Beck knelt worshipfully at his feet, paying homage to a venerated ancestor who can still overpower him.