Steve Lacy on RCA/Novus

king ubu

Gato Barbieri's Flying Dutchmans were boxed, too (yes, by RCA), not sure if there were two editions as well.

Anyone know if this box exists and is available anywhere? It doesn't show up on Amazon. I'm huge on that period of Barbieri, but never have heard of this box until now, so I doubt if it ever got US release. I have the individual CD's, so wouldn't want to pay a ton for this, but would like to have it if available.

Gato Barbieri's Flying Dutchmans were boxed, too (yes, by RCA), not sure if there were two editions as well.

Anyone know if this box exists and is available anywhere? It doesn't show up on Amazon. I'm huge on that period of Barbieri, but never have heard of this box until now, so I doubt if it ever got US release. I have the individual CD's, so wouldn't want to pay a ton for this, but would like to have it if available.

Yeah, sure it exists, I've seen it!

http://www.amazon.de/Complete-Flying-Dutchman-Recordings/dp/B0000253Y4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1280782820&sr=1-1

(edit: delivery is given as 1-3 weeks - which means likely they won't be able to get it any more... amazon.fr says it's no longer available)

I guess though, if you have the individual discs, you won't need it. I've not seen it opened, but from what I remember, it was most likely just a sturdy box containing the old CD editions of all his Flying Dutchmal albums (the jewel case versions, that is).

Edited by king ubu