Fender Rhodes Suitcase Piano

Peter Johnson

I bought a Suitcase Rhodes in 1973 but the power of the built-in amp was pretty weak. But it had the BEST action and sound and it never went out of tune. WHY did I sell it???? Because I'm a stupid motherfucker. I'm sure later models have much more power. Good luck!

Edited by Michael Weiss

DAMN! I was thinking, "!!! Michael Weiss has one to see, and he's almost in my neighborhood!" Oh well...

Yes--it is a terrific instrument. The action is great; interesting to hear you thought the amp was weak. I think mine hails from '77 or '78 (so probably it's really just a "Rhodes"). Probably pretty tough to find just the amp, I guess.

I have a stage Rhodes with the amp. For a second I thought I'd sell just the amp...but nah. I've always used another amp, but I don't want to loose the use of the sustain pedal. I pretty much got the amp for free when I bought the piano in '00.

You guys are killing me! :)

7/4, would you be interested in selling it if a) an external sustain (as used for the suitcase model) worked, and b) I could source/provide such pedal?

I have a stage Rhodes with the amp. For a second I thought I'd sell just the amp...but nah. I've always used another amp, but I don't want to loose the use of the sustain pedal. I pretty much got the amp for free when I bought the piano in '00.