teenager audio test.....

Not sure which comments in particular that you wanted me to read, but I'll say that telling people to turn the volume "all the way up for those higher frequencies" is definitely NOT what you want people to do! For all kinds of physiological reasons you do not want to do this folks, unless you enjoy the thrill of possible sudden or delayed disorientation coupled with vomiting that could result from doing this. I suppose that what one could get from the comments are the words from the people who may have been sorry that they even tried the test ("...My ears are aching now, and i tried the frequency test over 10mins ago. absolutely aching...")

The very fact that in both instances the tests are using 192kbps mp3s of what we are to believe were originally pure wave sine tones makes this test not only useless in it's best form (imagine someone testing your eyes for color perception while filtering the 400-700 nanometer wavelength scale), but incredibly dangerous in it's worst because people are hearing wide-spectrum partials and are under the assumption that their hearing is better than they believed, so they end up turning up the volume - enough to hear the specific higher frequencies that they think that they're hearing ("Wow! I can hear 18k with no problem and I'm 80!"...there's also the guy who stated that he could hear 30k freq. :rolleyes: ) - while subjecting their ears to partial tones that are bombarding and, in some cases, destroying certain frequency-specific cilia as the vibrations make their way thru their Organ of Corti. High frequency tones (but not always as high as you may think that you're hearing) are still dangerous to your inner ear.

If you really want to test your hearing, I'd advise that it be done under supervised conditions - in person - using pure-wave sine tones instead of subjecting yourselves to meaningless and potentially dangerous aggravation of your inner ears.

Edited by rostasi

Not sure which comments in particular that you wanted me to read, but I'll say that telling people to turn the volume "all the way up for those higher frequencies" is definitely NOT what you want people to do! For all kinds of physiological reasons you do not want to do this folks, unless you enjoy the thrill of possible sudden or delayed disorientation coupled with vomiting that could result from doing this. I suppose that what one could get from the comments are the words from the people who may have been sorry that they even tried the test ("...My ears are aching now, and i tried the frequency test over 10mins ago. absolutely aching...")

The very fact that in both instances the tests are using 192kbps mp3s of what we are to believe were originally pure wave sine tones makes this test not only useless in it's best form (imagine someone testing your eyes for color perception while filtering the 400-700 nanometer wavelength scale), but incredibly dangerous in it's worst because people are hearing wide-spectrum partials and are under the assumption that their hearing is better than they believed, so they end up turning up the volume - enough to hear the specific higher frequencies that they think that they're hearing ("Wow! I can hear 18k with no problem and I'm 80!"...there's also the guy who stated that he could hear 30k freq. rolleyes.gif ) - while subjecting their ears to partial tones that are bombarding and, in some cases, destroying certain frequency-specific cilia as the vibrations make their way thru their Organ of Corti. High frequency tones (but not always as high as you may think that you're hearing) are still dangerous to your inner ear.

If you really want to test your hearing, I'd advise that it be done under supervised conditions - in person - using pure-wave sine tones instead of subjecting yourselves to meaningless and potentially dangerous aggravation of your inner ears.

THAT'S why I wanted you to read the comments. rolleyes.gif

And I deleted my other post. whistling.gif