I think I broke the board

Well, i tried to look at a thread and got this:

Warning: Too many connections in /home2/organ/public_html/organissimo.org/forum/sources/Drivers/mySQL.php on line 67

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Too many connections in /home2/organ/public_html/organissimo.org/forum/sources/Drivers/mySQL.php on line 67

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home2/organ/public_html/organissimo.org/forum/sources/Drivers/mySQL.php on line 70

ERROR: Cannot find database organforum

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home2/organ/public_html/organissimo.org/forum/sources/Drivers/mySQL.php on line 103

There appears to be an error with the Organissimo Forums - The place to discuss the band, jazz, music, and more! database.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here, if this does not fix the error, you can contact the board administrator by clicking here

Error Returned

mySQL query error: SELECT t.*, f.topic_mm_id, f.name as forum_name, f.quick_reply, f.id as forum_id, f.read_perms, f.reply_perms, f.parent_id, f.use_html,

f.start_perms, f.allow_poll, f.password, f.posts as forum_posts, f.topics as forum_topics, f.upload_perms,

f.show_rules, f.rules_text, f.rules_title,

c.name as cat_name, c.id as cat_id

FROM forumtopics t, forumforums f , forumcategories c

WHERE t.tid=5848 and f.id = t.forum_id and f.category=c.id

mySQL error: Too many connections

mySQL error code:

Date: Monday 08th of December 2003 07:30:28 AM

We apologise for any inconvenience

sorry I broke the board!

:wub:

This error pops up every now and then. I think it comes from too many people accessing the database at the same time. Supposedly this site can handle 100 connections at once. That means 100 people can access the database at the exact same time. Once you're done accessing, your connection is reset and it waits for the next person. This happens within milliseconds, usually.

I think what happens sometimes is, for one reason or another, the software doesn't let go of the connection to the database, even though you're not using it presently. For example, when you click on a thread, you access the database in order to retrieve that thread, but while you're reading it, your connection should be terminated since it'll probably take you a bit of time to read the whole thread.

Does this make any sense?