TTK's Twilight Zone Jazz on WMNF's A Step Outside

TTK will be guest hosting WMNF's next installment of "A Step Outside," Wednesday, June 23 on www.wmnf.org from 9 pm to 10:30 pm. EST.

I will focus on an esoteric sub-genre that I have dubbed Twilight Zone jazz, a mid-century hybrid of jazz and "serious" music that suggests caffeine jags, the concrete jungle, and an imposing modern world gone awry.

Here is a previous thread:

The show will be archived for exactly one week, before disappearing forever into the ether.

See you tomorrow.

Edited by Teasing the Korean

• 1 month later...

I finally got round to listening to this, and I dug all of it (well, maybe not Christiane Legrand's scatting). The thought that went into the programming is evident - Joe Chamber's Juba Dance being one of several unexpected choices that worked.

For those who missed the show, here it is again : Part One & Part Two

Thanks Chas. I pulled enough for two shows, and naturally, didn't get to everything. There were a couple of other Andre Hodeir tracks I was considering, but they were very long. Hopefully I'll get to do a follow-up.

Man with the Golden Arm: The Jerry Goldsmith stuff that I played is on the 4-disc Twilight Zone set. Not sure if it's still in print - well worth picking up if you can find it. One disc of Herrmann, One Goldsmith, and two discs of various composers.

Incidentally, the background music when I was talking from the Outer Limits episode "Nightmare" by Dominic Frontiere.

Edited by Teasing the Korean