A handful of gigs...

Just a quick note with news of four gigs to end November...would be great to see you at any(/all) of these - please do say hello if you are able to make it out!

Monday 15

Dominic Lash Trio - Folly Bridge Inn, Oxford - 8.30pm

DL, bass, compositions; AH, piano, Javier Carmona, drums

...with Javier off to live in Barcelona, and Dom off to New York for the year, the last chance to catch this trio for a while!

Then to London, for two London Jazz Festival gigs:

Friday 19

Louis Moholo-Moholo: Seven For Seventy - Purcell Room - 7.45pm

Louis Moholo-Moholo, d; Ntshuks Bonga, Jason Yarde, saxophones; Henry Lowther, t; Francine Luce, voc; John Edwards, b; AH, p

...celebrating the 70th birthday of one of the greats of our music...with the wonderful 'No Gossip' duo of Louis with Keith Tippett in the first half...

Saturday 20

Decoy - Vortex Jazz Club - 8.30pm

John Edwards, b; Steve Noble, b; AH, Hammond B3 organ

A Hammond triple bill with MA and Big Cat...and a rare outing for Decoy...

...and for post-festival withdrawal, the return of one of my very favourite bands:

Sunday 28

Ntshuks Bonga's Qwati - Vortex Jazz Club - 8.30pm

Claude Deppa, t; Ntshuks Bonga, as; Gail Brand, tb; AH, p; Oren Marshall, tuba; Mark Sanders, d

Mbaqanga standards, tunes from Mankunku, the Brotherhood of Breath, Ntshuks, and more...it'll be fun...

• 2 months later...

Dear all - a quick plug.

Due to our bass and drums going to live abroad (to New York and Barcelona - those scenes' gain!), my Ensemble will be undergoing a personnel change in April.

However, before then, we have one final show, and it would be great if you were able to come along. Evan Parker has invited us to play on the first night of a mini-festival - 'Might I Suggest?' - he is curating at the Vortex. The concert is at 8.30pm on Wednesday January 26th.

So, for the last time for a while, it'll be Orphy Robinson, marimba and steel pan; Otto Fischer, guitar; Hannah Marshall, 'cello; Dominic Lash, double bass; and Javier Carmona, drums and percussion (alongside yours truly on piano).

Tickets available here...and please do say hello if you're able to make it! I'm sure there will be some discounted copies of the album lying around too :)