Bear Family boxed set sale on Amazon

Edward

Most Bear Family boxed sets and single CD's are currently on sale at Amazon. Of course, Amazon's non-sale prices on many of these sets are inflated, but there are a few great deals (if Amazon honors its pricing on out of stock sets).

The trouble is that most of the sets identified below (which comprise most of the truly good deals - I conducted an extensive search) are out of stock, and I have no experience as far as Amazon's commitment in filling orders for such items.

Please note further:

1) For whatever reason, Amazon lists many of its Bear Family sets twice or even three times, typically with one more attractively priced than the others - be careful how you conduct your searches as the listing of the Jim Reeves set that is on sale is NOT identified as a "boxed set" if you attempt to narrow the search to "box sets";

2) some of these sets (such as the Jerry Lee Lewis and the Eddy Arnold) are featured in Amazon's current boxed set sale (which may mean that Amazon is more likely to honor the listed sale price even if the set is out of stock),

3) I am quite sure that my description of the contents (i.e, the number of CD's) of the sets below is accurate, but you might like to verify this information before pulling the trigger, and

4) I placed an order for the out of stock Jerry Lee Lewis "Classic" set yesterday, and my order history now shows that it will arrive after December 25th.

Here are the best deals with inventory levels as of the time of this posting:

Eddy Arnold - There's Been a Change in Me (7 CD's) - $60.99 (out of stock)

Doris Day - It's Magic (6 CD's) - $79.99 (out of stock)

Lester Flatt - Flatt on Victor Plus More (6 CD's) - $79.99 (out of stock)

Flatt & Scruggs - 1964-1969, Plus! (6 CD's) - $97.99 (out of stock)

Waylon Jennings - Journey-Six Strings Away (6 CD's) - $64.99 (out of stock)

Jerry Lee Lewis - Classic (8 CD's) - $64.99 (out of stock)

Roy Orbison - Orbison (7 CD's) - $117.99 (out of stock)

The Platters - Four Platters & One Lovely Dish (9 CD's) - $141.99 (out of stock)

Ray Price - The Honky Tonk Years, 1950-1966 (10 CD's) - $138.99 (out of stock)

Jim Reeves - Welcome to My World (16 CD's) - $179.99 (only two in stock)

Jimmie Rodgers - Singing Brakeman (6 CD's) - $80.99 (out of stock)

Hank Snow - Singing Ranger (4 CD's) - $69.43 (only one in stock)

Hank Snow - Singing Ranger, Vol.4 (9 CD's) - $113.99 (out of stock)

Sons of the Pioneers - Way Out There: Complete Commercial Recordings, 1934-1943 (6 CD's) - $62.99 (four in stock)

Ernest Tubb - Vol.4, Waltz Across Texas (6 CD's) - $80.99 (out of stock)

Ernest Tubb - Another Story (6 CD's) - $97.99 (out of stock)

John Wayne's West (10 CD's, 1 DVD, and 464-page hardcover book) - $131.99 (out of stock)

Good luck!