Baby Grand! Merry Christmas to me!

I have been wanting a grand piano for a long time, but I never thought I could afford the luxury. Today while in a thrift shop I spotted an old Wurlitzer baby grand in pretty good physical shape. Of course it needs to be tuned, but it doesn't appear to be abused. All the keys are intact, the pedals are in working order and all the strings are there. I played throughout the entire range of the piano and all strings sound, and the pads mute properly. I know I am looking at expense to get this old girl up to pitch after it is moved to the house, but for a mere $300, I figured it was a no brainer purchase.

Yeah, I know that a Wurlizter is no Steinway, but it works for me so far! Pics later.

Edited by slide_advantage_redoux

Good find! I've been looking on Craigslist for grand pianos, but never thought of looking at thrift shops. Let's see the pics!

While I was consulting with a friend via cell phone, another guy casually walked up. I saw his double take when he saw the price. Try as he might to appear disinterested, I knew he was circling in for the kill. So, I leaned over and removed the price tag.

SOLD! :lol:

Good find! I've been looking on Craigslist for grand pianos, but never thought of looking at thrift shops. Let's see the pics!

While I was consulting with a friend via cell phone, another guy casually walked up. I saw his double take when he saw the price. Try as he might to appear disinterested, I knew he was circling in for the kill. So, I leaned over and removed the price tag.

SOLD! :lol:

Maybe he worked at the thrift shop, and was making you THINK he was another customer? :lol:

Seriously, congrats. Excellent find.

"Gee, dad, it's a Wurlitzer!" as I remember hearing back in the '50s...

For three hundred bucks you got a good deal, as long as the soundboard isn't cracked. Even if it is, it could be worth having some work done on it.

A pianist friend of mine used to travel for them, doing demos at music shows, conferences and the like. He called it his "Wurligig"...