Johnny E

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

End date 1/22/11

Press Contact: Beth Fleenor*

The Frank Agency

beth@thefrankagency.org

*CDs, photos, and more information available upon request

REPTET PROVIDE A CURE FOR CABIN FEVER

Seattle-based sextet release their fifth record At the Cabin and hit the road!

Friday, January 14 Luckeys Club - Eugene, OR

Sunday, January 16 Jub Jubs Thirst Parlor Reno, NV > NEW DATE

Monday, January 17 The Press Club - Sacramento, CA

Wednesday, January 19 TAIX 321 Lounge - Los Angeles, CA

Thursday, January 20 ResBox Music Series (Steve Allen Theatre) - Los Angeles, CA

Friday, January 21 Live Culture - Santa Barbara, CA > NEW DATE

Saturday, January 22 Café Van Kleef - Oakland, CA

Sunday, January 23 Applegate River Lodge - Jacksonville, OR

Note:

Friday, January 21 - CODA - San Francisco, CA (CANCELLED DUE TO CLUB CLOSURE)

"Seattles Reptet is one the nations leading new indie jazz bands, whose members concoct an impressive range of improvised sounds influenced by punk, avant garde classical, eastern European folk and, yes, even jazz." ~Eugene Weekly

"Finally, Reptet are in town. We love their Do This! and Chicken or Beef? this is not pseudo anything, but genuine jazz, with terrific playing, great arrangements, writing, energy, imagination and weirdness." ~LA Weekly

"Dont let the funny hats fool you: these players can play, and they have a new notion of ensemble eclecticism." ~The Santa Barbara Independent

Reptet, the original ambassadors of the much-heralded new Seattle jazz scene, are on the road again. Their new full length CD entitled, At the Cabin (Artists Recording Collec-tive), hits the streets January 11 and the band heads out for a slew of west coast dates.

Information: www.reptet.com / www.sonicbids.com/reptet

more about REPTET

Reptet is a Seattle-based group consisting of six multi-instrumentalists: Samantha Boshnack (trumpets, vocals), Nelson Bell (trombone, tuba), Izaak Mills (tenor sax, bass clarinet, flute, vocals), Chris Credit (baritone sax, tenor sax, alto sax, clarinet), Tim Carey (double bass, bass guitar, banjo) and John Ewing (drums, percussion, vocals). One of the early exponents of the now booming Seattle jazz scene, Reptets previous CD releases, Do This! (Monktail 2006) and Chicken or Beef? (Monktail 2008), gained world-wide recognition and led to the group's sub-sequent national and international tours. Many other Seattle bands followed suit and the world is just now waking up to the intensity, dynamism and esthetic of the new Seattle jazz scene.

more about AT THE CABIN

At the Cabin is Reptets premier release on Kansas City-based Artists Recording Collective (ARC). This is Reptets fourth full length CD, and fifth release overall. It was recorded in June 2010 at a cabin in Index, Washington and produced by Reptet. Engineering, mixing and mastering was done by renowned Seattle music engineer Mell Dettmer (Eyvind Kang, Mr. Bungle, Skeriks Syncopated Taint) at Aleph Studios, Seattle. Artists Recording Collective provides a viable 21st Century Music Industry Platform for world-class talent. This internation-ally recognized professional recording label collectively promotes and facilitates the distribution and utilization of works created by its members (www.artistsrecordingcollective.info). The re-cording was made possible, in part, by a grant from Washington states King County cultural services agency, 4Culture.

Edited by Johnny E

Thanks Jeff. Me and the crew are very excited about it.

2010 was a rough year all over...for everybody.

I'm viewing this new CD and upcoming tour as a new beginning. A new morning.

2011 is gonna be a good one people - to spite the sad news out of Arizona this morning.

-john

I have had the opportunity to hear most of this music and think it is a wonderful representation of the band. I even considered issuing it on my label but the current economics of the biz drug me down. I unreservedly recommend this band and this recording. Sam is a very interesting composer/arranger, Johnny is a very fine drummer and Reptet is one of the very few real bands in the music today.

Edited by Chuck Nessa

citylogo.png

Brick's Picks: Safe Bet, Reptet

By Brick Wahl Thursday, Jan 13 2011

Seattle's Reptet are back in town. We still listen to their Do This! and Chicken or Beef?, and when At the Cabin showed up not long ago, we were delighted. It's nothing like the other two, which were unlike each other (and unlike their 7-inch single, either) it's maybe even a tad crazier. (Hell, there's a song about Jack in the Box!) Live, the Sun Ra pokes through in crazy ensemble passages and exciting solos and wild antics; they're jazz musicians to the core, and the playing quality (on all kinds of brass and reeds and rhythm and percussion) is always high. You can catch them at Thursday's ResBox at the Steve Allen Theater in Hollywood ($10), sharing a great bill with Don Preston, among others.

But if you really want to get the whole Reptet thing, then check them out at Taix in Echo Park on Wednesday. This intimate room (normally the abode of inspired local jazzoid/funkoid underground rock outfits like Joe Baiza's Congress Of and the Atomic Sherpas) is perfect for the madness of the Reptet. Can't wait to see them marching around it. If any Silver Lake scenesters dig jazz at all, they need only cross the street from the Echo and make this gig. No cover.

Edited by Johnny E

Thanks everybody. The west coast trip was a smashing success with packed shows in LA, Oakland and Eugene. The other shows were really good too, just not as many people. We'll be doing a full on coast-to-coast tour in May, swinging through NY, Philly, DC, Baltimore, Athens, New Orleans, Houston, Albuquerque AND back up the west coast - LA, Bay area, Portland and home. No Chicago or Michigan this time (sorry folks). More info is forthcoming.

If you know of any place along this route you think we absolutely must play, please let me know.

Our new CD, At the Cabin (ARC Records) is available now at www.reptet.com

I gave the disc a quick spin(tons of new music and very little time)a nd it's a real good 'un. I'm looking forward to a NYC show later in the year, as I couldn't make last year's NYC gigs. Any members out there, who haven't, make it your business to see Reptet. You get funny hats, some laughs andabove all, ass-kickin' music. What Chuck said earlier about Samantha's arranging/composing/playing talents and JohnnyE's drumming are spot on- these folks are worth the trip to see.

I'm telling you, you really ought to play Richmond.

I can put you in touch with the right people if you are interested.

Yes please :-)

Looking forward to receiving the copy of the CD that I ordered.

It's on the way. Delivery was slightly delayed with our tour and everything. Thanks for the purchase! :)

Thanks everybody. The west coast trip was a smashing success with packed shows in LA, Oakland and Eugene. The other shows were really good too, just not as many people. We'll be doing a full on coast-to-coast tour in May, swinging through NY, Philly, DC, Baltimore, Athens, New Orleans, Houston, Albuquerque AND back up the west coast - LA, Bay area, Portland and home. No Chicago or Michigan this time (sorry folks). More info is forthcoming.

If you know of any place along this route you think we absolutely must play, please let me know.

Our new CD, At the Cabin (ARC Records) is available now at www.reptet.com

Correction: we WILL be coming through Michigan and Chicago again. Only this time we're gonna swing down to St. Louis, KC, Denver, Salt Lake, Boise, Bend and Portland. Stay tuned.

Schedule please.

Still in the works. I'll get it up as soon as it comes together a bit more.

what are the best MI venues. Right now we just got Bell's Brewery and Founder's Brewery. Aren't there any cocktail bars (or better yet concert halls) in Michigan?

Both of these are good. Send me a PM for other info.