$20 Amazon coupon/credit for $10

I am on the mailing list of LivingSocial Deals. Today's deal is a $20 Amazon coupon/credit for $10. So I bought one.

The deal is for today only. If you would like them to send you the offer, PM me your email address, and I will try to forward it to them.

This is the first time I have bought something from them, so I am a newbie regarding how this works.

Edit - OK, it looks like you don't have to give me your email address. I think you can just go here and sign up for it yourself.

http://www.livingsocial.com

HuffPo says that Amazon has invested $175 million in Living Social.

http://www.huffingto...l_n_791486.html

PPS - Here's a Wired report on this deal:

http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2011/01/living-social-amazon/

Edited by GA Russell

i was under the impression from the process that i'd be getting a somewhat instant email that had a code. i haven't received an email yet. anyone else have thoughts? is it strictly a "hard copy" card in the mail? i thought i remembered reading at the site that it would be available for use tomorrow...

Edited by thedwork

Anyone get an email yet? I haven't.

FFA, there was a comment to the New York Times article that said that there would probably be a delay as their computers filtered out all of the people who ordered more than one using different credit cards. But that was speculation.

When I went to bed last night, over 1,300,000 had been sold with seven hours to go.

Maybe we should have a thread about how you spent the coupon!

Biggest scam of the year. :lol:

(Just kidding. I'm awaiting my email too.)

Heh, heh, just kidding.... :angry:

;)

No email here either...I , being just a tad cynical thought, what a way to raise a ton of money with a company about to go under, and take the money to Argentina or elsewhere...then I saw no coupon this am....hmmmm . ;)

Anyone get an email yet? I haven't.

FFA, there was a comment to the New York Times article that said that there would probably be a delay as their computers filtered out all of the people who ordered more than one using different credit cards. But that was speculation.

When I went to bed last night, over 1,300,000 had been sold with seven hours to go.

Maybe we should have a thread about how you spent the coupon!

Once I get the coupon I'll decide how to use it. May put it toward the Getz Clef Norgran 3 CD set.

Annoyingly, I got an email confirmation but am getting an error message when I try to get the card code. I am not impressed, as this is the second time I've used LivingSocial and also the second time things have not gone smoothly. (The first time the merchant decided unilaterally not to honor the coupons, which is understandably not LS's fault except you'd think they would do a better job of picking good merchants and communicating clearly with them what the deal terms are.)

Edited by Big Wheel

I haven't received anything either.

Then again, I didn't get in on the scam ... er, deal. Although I very probably would have had I seen GA's thread in time.

(hoping to read happy tales of discounted delights arriving in everyone's mailboxes soon. Newly arrived chess books, even.) :excited: