Savannah GA Used Record Book CD Stores

When are you going to be there? I'm playing at The Sentient Bean with the 4th Ward Afro-Klezmer Orchestra on Saturday, August 27.

I was in Savannah about a year ago, and there's really nothing left in the way of record/CD stores. I always hit Youman's, a junk store a little out of town (take President Street east, toward the islands) - they have some records; some are pretty junky, but I've gotten some good stuff there. There's another junk/antique store called Universe Trading Company on Franklin Square, near the City Market area, where I've gotten some good records - I found a mint copy of Pee Wee Russell's Pee Wee Plays Pee Wee there.

There are several high-end/collector type used bookstores in the downtown area.

Savannah's a really interesting little city. I enjoy just walking around.

King Oliver was living there on Montgomery Street at the end of his life.

Just returned from a brief vacation in Savannah. Wonderful sights and homes in the Historic District. However, because my hotel was nearby I did spot and visit the antique/junk store in Franklin Square by the City Market and while there are 3 or 4 shelves of LPs, there is no order whatsoever to them and I could not see any jazz during my admittedly cursory review. Be forewarned should you still want to visit that store, no A/C!!!! All the fans in the store did little to mitigate the intense heat at this time of the year, i.e., upper 90s every day.