cholesterol med lipitor goes generic today

i'm an overjoyed(at the greatly reduced prices) lipitor user. are you?

I'd be more overjoyed if our national food system wasn't wholly corrupt and the main contributing factor for the heart disease, diabetes, cancer, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol issues that plague our population. Then we wouldn't need overpriced drugs in the first place!

I doubt times have ever been better as far as the availability of organic and healthier choices out there, along with alternatives to gluten and so on. It's just a matter of cost and taking the time to prepare & cook the healthy inputs, and those are 2 things that seem to be in short supply nowadays. I found the funniest part of the apple juice controversy to be that children should be eating the apples and not drinking the juice to begin with so as to better consume some fiber and not suck down sugar water. The arsenic was the least of the worries.

From experience, I know that the pharmaceutical industry is HIGHLY corrupt. What else is new?

What experience?

As I stated previously, my girlfriend is a pharmacist, and I have friends who work the wholesale side.

Well, that's a pretty broad statement to make when one's "experience" is barely touching the industry, which is made up of big business and top-level science. As a scientist working on the R&D side, the corruption is firmly on the business end. Please, make a distinction next time.

I meant to place blame on the business side. Thought that was obvious. No offense intended, I assure you.

However, as a scientist, you are not working in a vacuum, unless you're creating drugs in your own personal laboratory. You're working for a pharmaceutical company that probably has an agenda of its own, many times one which is not so "pure". Something to think about.

Edited by JETman