quick chewy update- do u know jellyroll mortons stuff

chewy-chew-chew-bean-benitez

hey u guys i found this record and its not a vangelder stamped bn prestige et al its somethin i know nothin abt::: steve hoffman was sayin look for VICTOR SCROLLS for victor 78s, some of them have extereme HQ sound beyond what u think of as 78rpm sound, well i found one really interesting jazz one: Jellyroll Morton Burnin' The IceBerg. quickly checkd youtube they have one on a green victor reissue label 78 rpm the one i have is NOT that its scroll. is this a really valuable rare record?

hey u guys i found this record and its not a vangelder stamped bn prestige et al its somethin i know nothin abt::: steve hoffman was sayin look for VICTOR SCROLLS for victor 78s, some of them have extereme HQ sound beyond what u think of as 78rpm sound, well i found one really interesting jazz one: Jellyroll Morton Burnin' The IceBerg. quickly checkd youtube they have one on a green victor reissue label 78 rpm the one i have is NOT that its scroll. is this a really valuable rare record?

If this is in fact an original scroll label, it certainly has value if it in good shape, The green label is a 1940's reissue. Hoffman is right, although typically, many late 20's Victors have a high pitched squeal, something to do with the cutting ptocess, I suspect. At my age I can't really hear it anymore, but many insist it is there.

Jack,

Since you can no longer fully appreciate the sonic richness of your Victor 78s, I'll be stopping by to exchange some of my nifty LP or CD reissues for your no longer needed Victor 78s (think of the convenience)!

:rolleyes:

The Victor whistle issue was previously discussed in the following threads:

Ellington box

"Harsh Treble"

If this is in fact an original scroll label, it certainly has value if it in good shape, The green label is a 1940's reissue. Hoffman is right, although typically, many late 20's Victors have a high pitched squeal, something to do with the cutting ptocess, I suspect. At my age I can't really hear it anymore, but many insist it is there.