Collectables Jazz Classics ...

neveronfriday

Guest the mommy

i will not buy collectables anymore on principle.

the sound sucks sometimes, they make weird awkward pairings that don't make sense, they sometimes omit tracks to get the weird pairing to fit on one CD....i hope someone else takes over the operation some day if atlantic wants to let other labels put out their stuff. but until then i'm going to stay away. there is no love and care here.

I just stumbled onto this cover scan on a blog. Although this CD apparently came out in 1994, I don't think I've ever seen it. Very "interesting" (cough). The wide-ranging influence of Blue Note LP covers has been documented here before, but this one kind of enters uncharted waters, no? :blink: Ah, the wonders of photoshop (note the added mic on the left side of the image)

090431514825.jpg

BTW, don't ask me to listen to this one. ^_^

Now from looking at this cover there's just one thing that leaves me puzzled:

Is there any link between this Walter Jackson and Leo Parker? :g

Just wondering ...

• 2 weeks later...

I have Elvin Jones And then again/Midnight Walk and the sound is good put has reverb on keyboard sounds. I tend to stay away from Collectibles and have recently focused on KOCH Jazz reissues. Most of these were out from 1999-2001 and many are HDCD which my player accepts. The John Handy Columbia re-issues from the mid to late 60's are extremely special and sound great. Also picked up Red Mitchell /Harold Land's Hear Ye! and Buddy Defranco Blues Bag.I now notice Collectibles is now releasing a lot of the KOCH stuff but I won't touch for my moneys worth.

Dova