Mosaic Selects: Silly Little Question

Hi all.

It's been a while since I bought a brand new Mosaic Select set, and I'm trying to remember: The outside of the package is shrinkwrapped, of course, but are the three individual CDs also shrinkwrapped?

Long story short: I bought a "new" Johnny Richards Select from an Amazon seller for an okay price. The outer shrinkwrap was "coincidentally" split open right where the CDs would come out. If the CDs are also supposed to be shrinkwrapped, then it's definitely used. If not, then I guess I can give the seller the benefit of the doubt.

The CDs and booklet seem in good shape. Still, I specifically paid a bit more for a new set than what the used sets were going for, so it's a bit irritating to think I've been tricked...

Thanks much.

Cool. Thanks to both of you for the quick reply.

I'll go ahead and assume it's okay. Like I said, the CDs seem fine, and I'm not going to find another nice copy too much cheaper.

My timing was really bad on this set. I had literally just ordered my first-ever Mosaic Selects about a month before the unfortunate circumstances that put several of the sets out of print. At the time, I hunted down a few (Patton, Brookmeyer, Shank/Cooper), but I didn't consider the Richards too important. It was only later that I really got interested in big band jazz, and by then all the remaining sets were outrageously expensive.

I'm sure I'll be happy I didn't let this copy slip by.

...I didn't consider the Richards too important. It was only later that I really got interested in big band jazz, and by then all the remaining sets were outrageously expensive.

I'm sure I'll be happy I didn't let this copy slip by.

The RIchards isn't for everyone, but there's some mighty fine music on that one. Keep an open mind and you shouldn't be disappointed.

Long story short: I bought a "new" Johnny Richards Select from an Amazon seller for an okay price. The outer shrinkwrap was "coincidentally" split open right where the CDs would come out.

That is because thismusic is so loud when left unplayed that it ripped the shrinkwrap a wide open new one!