New CD-Phil Grenadier-Bruno Raberg Duo:Plunge

Trumpet Guy

Announcing the new release of bassist/composer Bruno Raberg & trumpeter Phil Grenadier on Orbis Music---

Plunge

Available on itunes, Amazon & CD Baby.

http://www.amazon.com/Plunge/dp/B0081KS68Y

This is an Avante Garde offering :)

Only available as MP3 files? I like a disc I can play on my nice system, not on my computer. But I assume there's a way I can download the files and then burn them to a CD, right? (I know, i'm an idiot.)

Announcing the new release of bassist/composer Bruno Raberg & trumpeter Phil Grenadier on Orbis Music---

Plunge

Available on itunes, Amazon & CD Baby.

http://www.amazon.com/Plunge/dp/B0081KS68Y

Only available as MP3 files? I like a disc I can play on my nice system, not on my computer. But I assume there's a way I can download the files and then burn them to a CD, right? (I know, i'm an idiot.)

We have CDs for sale too--no problem! :) CD Baby has CDs of "Plunge".

Edited by Trumpet Guy

Only available as MP3 files? I like a disc I can play on my nice system, not on my computer.

Well, that's not very Avante-Garde of you!

Yes, but my playback system has a kick-ass amp and B&W speakers, all located in an acoustically near-ideal space, while my computer's speakers are computer speakers.

Listening to this right now & very much enjoying it.

Very organic creative processes at work here, meaning that any number of "references" can be heard and/or are suggested, but not self-consciously. Just a very natural speaking in the vernacular. Same goes for the electronics when they are used, they don't sound like ELECTRONICS, if you know what I mean, they just sound like a part of the music.

No "lofty artistic platitudes" or jismatic word-jacks from me for this one, just deep, honest enjoyment at hearing music that makes good sense coming in and going out.

In a world gone wrong, balanced people making balanced music is certainly welcome. Here some is!

Listening to this right now & very much enjoying it.

Very organic creative processes at work here, meaning that any number of "references" can be heard and/or are suggested, but not self-consciously. Just a very natural speaking in the vernacular. Same goes for the electronics when they are used, they don't sound like ELECTRONICS, if you know what I mean, they just sound like a part of the music.

No "lofty artistic platitudes" or jismatic word-jacks from me for this one, just deep, honest enjoyment at hearing music that makes good sense coming in and going out.

In a world gone wrong, balanced people making balanced music is certainly welcome. Here some is!

Thank you so much Jim for your thoughts and deep ears! I really appreciate your purchasing, taking the time to listen and sharing your ideas. I'd be interested to hear the 'references' you mention :) I'm thrilled you enjoyed it!

Thanks again!

References?

I guess a lot of it could be heard as a Miles/Dave Holland duet album ca. 1970 or so, only you don't sound like Miles, Bruno don't sound like Holland, and the music doesn't really sound like ca. 1970. But it's got that "flavor" to it somehow.

That's meant as a high compliment, hope it sounds like one.

References?

I guess a lot of it could be heard as a Miles/Dave Holland duet album ca. 1970 or so, only you don't sound like Miles, Bruno don't sound like Holland, and the music doesn't really sound like ca. 1970. But it's got that "flavor" to it somehow.

That's meant as a high compliment, hope it sounds like one.

Makes sense to me :) very high compliment :) Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

Put it on my IPod and listen while I'm walking in the great in the Great Outdoors. Excellent. Fascinating to hear you playing without (much of) a safety net, so to speak. The "purity" of your sound and overall approach is very moving. More please.

Now I'm convinced - seriously!!

Put it on my IPod and listen while I'm walking in the Great Outdoors. Excellent. Fascinating to hear you playing without (much of) a safety net, so to speak. The "purity" of your sound and overall approach is very moving. More please.

Wow! Thank you so much Larry! That means bunches coming from you! Thanks for the encouragement :) Am on a recording binge lately, so more to come hopefully...