Rubik's Cube - Who Had it, Who Has Solved It

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'll admit I was pretty obsessed with the Rubik's Cube when it came out. At least at the beginning I was ahead of people who couldn't "see" how to get one side done, or that its not "done" unless you get the right colors lined up on each side. But I never got beyond two sides at a time, or 2/3 of the layers.

Then one of my neighbors went to summer camp and came back spinning that thing like a mad man and getting it done in about 90 seconds, and I wasn't even interested in learning "the secret" - I just kept going, and one day, practically by accident, all the corner pieces came together, and I was like "Oh yeah, I know exactly what to do from here" and a few minutes later I'd finally solved the damn thing.

So what about you?

By the way, the reason I brought this up is that last month I was on a plane and I had decided to bring the cube with me for amusement while my new Nook E-Reader would have to be turned off during taxiing and take off and final approach. It was funny how people paid attention to me while I worked it. I started when the doors shut and had it solved just before take-off. :g

Edited by Dan Gould

Need to add another option, since my "accomplishment" was initially yours as well. I could get two colours and that was it. Haven't picked one up in probably 30 years but would like to give it a "spin" again...

Done.

I'm wondering who took it apart and put it back together. At least that was quicker than taking the stickers off and rearranging them.

Wasn't sure how to vote.

Back in the day I could get of one side with all the connecting edge-pieces in their right places, AND I could get the middle-layer too (all the way around).

It was just the last "side" I could never get.

Edited by Rooster_Ties

That was me ... what I do is pick another color and rebuild the two-layer completed state, then lather, rinse repeat. At some point all the corner pieces do come together, and when you get that, you probably know the moves that will leave corner pieces in place but only effect the center pieces. Only a matter of time at that point. And the feeling of watching multiple pieces move into place simultaneously ... :excited::excited: :excited: :cool: