Radio programs (streaming) on WHRB this week

Big Wheel

I'm running two radio programs this week, one celebrating the music of LA pianist Carl Perkins, and the other featuring 4 trumpeters who died or disappeared from the scene too early: Booker Little, Dupree Bolton, Wilbur Harden, and Joe Gordon. Barring any last-minute changes, the Perkins show will start at 12 midnight ET this Tuesday night/Wednesday morning and run for thirteen hours; the trumpet show will start on Thursday at 9 AM ET and run until 10 PM; then it will resume at 1 PM on Friday and finish up at midnight.

You can listen to both of these streaming at whrb.org .. I'm sorry the Perkins show got mostly buried overnight, but unfortunately I wasn't the one calling the shots on the schedule this time. And a crappy timeslot for people here is a good one for people in Europe and Asia!

Edited by Big Wheel

Slight change of plans: it turns out I won't be able to get the VSOP Perkins material until Friday, so I'm pulling a switch--the trumpet show will begin tonight and finish up on the Thursday time slots; the Perkins show will run on Friday.

So the new schedule is: Trumpeters tonight from midnight-1pm and Thursday 9am-10pm; Perkins Friday 1pm-midnight. (All times ET)

Apologies to anyone who was planning on listening!