Tim Warfield "Gentle Warrior"

Tom 1960

276455.jpg

A nice one. My favorite track has to be "The Grim Reaper's Rapture". Maybe my track of the week? The intro is where all hell breaks loose before everyone comes together bringing a sense of order somewhat to the proceedings. Yeah, not quite what you expect from the Criss Cross label. If you have the opportunity, give that one a listen. I really enjoy Warfield and since this is my first purchase, I look forward to delving deeper into his catalogue.

Very good find! Gentle Warrior was my first Tim Warfield album as well. I later got all his albums except for his last one "A Sentimental Journey". My favorite one and the one I recommend as your second choice is "A Whisper In The Midnight".

51l8Dfb%2BHAL._SS300_.jpg

While I'm at it, I also should mention that Tim Warfield appears on most of Terrell Stafford's albums on MaxJazz label. I highly recommend "Taking Chances: Live at the Dakota" He's awesome on that, as well as Stafford!

51fc%2BTkTHGL._SS300_.jpg.

Theres another album with the same group, but this time lead by the drummer Dana Hall. "Into the Light".

41gqNpKFQwL._SS300_.jpg

Edited by Leroy Bad