Concord Jazz Deal at B&N

Anyone take advantage of the Concord Jazz titles on sale at B&N for $3.99 each? I picked up a few, Chick Corea, Scott Hamilton, Jack McDuff. Since my jazz knowledge is rather limited, I didn't recognize many of the titles. Any recomendations? I might have to go back for more!

I was going to do a post on this very subject.

Many stores (including mine) will be getting in more of these CDs (the sale is up through April), so you might want to consider going back to see if any new titles have shown up.

We did this sale last year too, and between the two years I must have added more than 50 CDs to my collection!

In the last two weeks, I've picked up CDs by the following:

Chick Corea

Gary Burton

Allen Farnham (with Joe Lovano!)

David Frishberg

Scott Hamilton

Andy LaVerne

Susannah McCorkle

Walter Norris (I've gotten four of his CDs, one with Joe Henderson)

Chris Potter (two of these)

Steve Wilson

Jesse Davis

Bruce Forman

John Pattitucci

Shelly Manne

Victor Feldman

All are at the very least good, and most have been excellent. Certainly more than worth a four dollar investment! B)

I went back for more, at 4 bucks a shot, it's a great opportunity to explore stuff I've never heard of! Picked up:

Louie Bellson Quintet with Blue Mitchell

Bud Shank - Sunshine Express

Scott Hamilton & Bucky Pizzarelli....remember Zoot Sims

Peter Leitch Trio

The Heath Brothers - Jazz Family

The Ruby Braff Trio

Now if only all cds were 4 bucks apiece!

Scott Hamilton & Bucky Pizzarelli....remember Zoot Sims

That Hamilton/Pizzarelli disc is fantastic, isn't?

I'm surprised that someone said that the selection wasn't as good as last year. I actually think that it's quite a bit *better* than last year. More recent titles! I'm really enjoying the two Potter discs I got.

I did order another shipment earlier this week. The Albany store should be receiving another 200 discs any day now.

That Hamilton/Pizzarelli disc is fantastic, isn't?

I'm surprised that someone said that the selection wasn't as good as last year. I actually think that it's quite a bit *better* than last year. More recent titles! I'm really enjoying the two Potter discs I got.

That was probably me. Perhaps it's just that i bought so many last time that I haven't found as many new discs that I want. A lot of "repeats," plus the nearest B & N didn't get as many in this time. I'll have to check again this weekend to see if they've restocked.