Offering for Trade only: Rufus Harley - Jazz Piper

This is a CD-R personally produced by Mr. Harley. It includes all of 'Bagpipe Blues' and five of the seven cuts of 'Scotch & Soul'. It is not an efficient way to get that music anymore - pick up the Rhino 2CD set from 2004 that has all four of his Atlantic albums plus a couple of bonus cuts - very inexpensive right now and well worth it - out of print, so don't delay. What this CD-R is for is memorabilia. Harley signed and dated it (July 5, 2000), and produced four booklet panels and a tray card of personalized text and graphics, which really gives you insight into his heart, mind, and soul. It is technically very amateur, but that is not the point. I remember seeing him live at a park in Philly ca. 1980, and he was otherwordly good and special -quite a lunch break from a job I hated. As this music has been "officially" reissued in the meantime, and I don't know that the rights ever reverted to Harly (who passed away a few years ago), I don't want to sell it. I'd like to get it to someone who would really appreciate it (I'm not a memorabilia guy), and just would like something interesting in return that is music-related (CD, DVD/Blu-Ray, book). If no interest, I'll just keep it, but I have to think someone, especially local to Philly, would really enjoy this. Philly has been home to some musicians who were certainly unique individuals - Harley, Walt Dickerson, Byard Lancaster, late-period Sun Ra, Monette Sudler, etc. PM or email to john.felser@verizon.net if interested.

Edited by felser