Ben Webster In Norway - New CD

thirdtry

Storyville Records has released a new Ben Webster CD from 1970 containing brand-new material that has never been issued before.

http://www.storyvillerecords.com/products/in-norway-1018433

In the U.S., Allegro Music usually gets these Storyville CDs in stock first:

http://www.allegro-music.com/online_catalog.asp?sku_tag=STC31018433

The repertoire was mainly Duke Ellington compositions like “In A Mellowtone”, “Satin Doll”, “C Jam Blues” and “Cotton Tail” plus standards like “Star Dust” and “I Got Rhythm”.

I love Ben but even ten years ago I am not sure I'd put this at the top of my list to buy. Today, I'm perfectly happy with all of the other live recordings I have of Ben in Europe playing these exact same tunes. :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

The repertoire was mainly Duke Ellington compositions like “In A Mellowtone”, “Satin Doll”, “C Jam Blues” and “Cotton Tail” plus standards like “Star Dust” and “I Got Rhythm”.

I love Ben but even ten years ago I am not sure I'd put this at the top of my list to buy. Today, I'm perfectly happy with all of the other live recordings I have of Ben in Europe playing these exact same tunes. :unsure:

True, but if it hits eMusic, I would probably give it a go...

It's on Spotify - listening now - it's...ok so far...

It's on Spotify - listening now - it's...ok so far...

AFAIK, Spotify is still not available in Canada. :(

This particular CD is on eMusic, however, and I downloaded a few representative tracks. I suspect I'll get the whole thing, sans the last track which breaks off very abruptly--