LF: Aretha Franklin/King Curtis-Don't fight the Feeling box set

I have been looking for the Aretha Franklin/King Curtis Rhino box set-"Don't Fight the Feeling (Fillmore West live recordings). Been tough to find at a reasonable price (under $100).

Amazon and E-bay prices just too high.

Any leads/ help out there in your areas?

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Jeff

That's a tough one. It was $80 when it was still available new from Rhino Handmade, and the going rate jumped up quite a bit once it sold out. Only thing I can suggest is setting up a saved search on eBay, and being very disciplined when it comes to knowing your max bid and sticking with it. That's what I did, and it took several years but I finally got a copy for barely more than the original retail price.

Would it take away some of the pressure if I told you that the four nights are not all created equally, that none are tight all the way through, and that it's the kind of thing that you'll end up having "just because", not because everything on there will Change Your Life Forever, in fact far from it?

Sometimes, a lot of times, really, live records come out better because of editing and compiling. Sometimes, not, but sometimes, yes.

Would it take away some of the pressure if I told you that the four nights are not all created equally, that none are tight all the way through, and that it's the kind of thing that you'll end up having "just because", not because everything on there will Change Your Life Forever, in fact far from it?

Sometimes, a lot of times, really, live records come out better because of editing and compiling. Sometimes, not, but sometimes, yes.

Indeed. See Quicksilver Messenger Service's classic 'Happy Trails' for a great example of that. The composite take of "Who Do You Love" is masterful.