FIM Music Ultra HD 32-Bit Jazz CD's

ArtSalt

I've purchased a number of the FIM 32-Bit jazz reissues and I do believe the hype and that they are impeccably remastered. However, I do find Winston Ma's (President of FIM Music) liner notes quite infuriating, as he is clearly no jazz fan!

This from Monty Alexander's Stir It Up: The Music of Bob Marley: "I am not a die-hard jazz fan. Though Bob Marley and Monty Alexander here show themselves to indeed be first-rate jazz guys, I admit there are other performances I prefer."

This from the K2 remastering of Getz/Gilberto: "To be honest, I was not impressed at my first auditioning. The sound quality was clearly not five-star, though the music was very nice. My taste suggested that the two vocalists lacked in professionalis....I was left with the impression her part was like a lump of ice-cream....."

And this the Cal Tjader and Stan Getz Sextets: This recording excels in musicality and sound qualitues that are rare in jazz recordings."