Kate McGarry

fasstrack

Don't think she's been mentioned before here, but she's my favorite among current singers. Her interpretations of standards are fresh and daring without being forced. And she has a wonderful instrument.

I really like Gypsy in my Soul from Show Me. The tempo is right down Broadway, and she nails it. Also, Heather on the Hill from the Target.

Any other fans?

Love her voice. 

After first hearing it I woke up in the middle of the night with her version of Fred Hersch's 'Endless Stars' (retitled Stars with what I believe is a Norma Winstone lyric) running through my head on a loop.

https://youtu.be/H8dr2RI9EkM

She's also excellent on John Hollenbeck's two albums of arrangements of pop/rock songs ('Songs I Like' and 'Songs We Like'). 

Edited by A Lark Ascending

I'm a fan. She can take your breath away with the expression in her voice. That's what it's all about for me. Happy to hear I'm not the only one in awe. :)
I first discoverd her working on the song "Little girl I miss you". It still gives me shivers.

"Let's face the music" is on "If less is more... nothing is everything" so that would be either Peter Elridge, Keith Ganz, John Lawry or herself. Or maybe some of them together.
It's a great album and the title did inspire me to write a poem at the time I first learned about it. A remarkable lady.

Edited by page