The Young Ones EVERY STOOPID EPISODE dvd

Just get it! I thought the same thing about the price, but I couldn't find it cheaper & once you buy it, it won't matter. All 12 episodes on 2 discs. The third has an episode from a show that Vyvian, Rik & Neil did (I forgot their real names) called Filthy Rich & Catflap, & one called Bottom that Vyvian & Rik did. They take a couple watchings to appreciate as it's hard to go up against The Young Ones's craziness. There's also a couple of short featurettes about TYO. Just get it!

Favorite episode is the first one I ever saw on MTV in 1985: Bambi. Couldn't stop talking about it the next day in school. Still just as funny now as it was then.

Worth every damn cent!! Bambi is my favorite episode, though its pretty tough to really pin down less than 6 of them which are my favorites. I like the Bottom pilot as well...that whole series is out on DVD as well.

Rik Mayall and Adrian Edmonson also did a bit on a series called the Dangerous Brothers...they are only 5 minute segements, but they are as funny as hell and it you think moments on the Young Ones are violent, wait till ya see this.

Also...they guys had another series called "The Comic Strip" all the YO's are on these exept for the guy who plays Mike and they did two episodes devoted to the fictional Heavy Metal band called "Bad News" which is a great companion to Spinal Tap and almost as funny!

"Corn flakes, corn flakes, corn flakes, etc."

Edited by Jazzdog

That's right Jazzdog, I forgot to mention that! If you ever find the video tape of these two episodes, GET IT! I think it was put out by Rhino. I know they put out a cd in 1988 which I still have. Combines songs & skits. Funny as shit and then some.

Vim from Bad News narration (played by Adrian Edmonson):

"I could play Stairway To Heaven when I was 12. Jimmy Page didn't actually write it till he was 22. I think that says a lot."

Jazzdog; is your avatar The Young Ones, I can't quite make it out.

Edited by dave9199

That's right Jazzdog, I forgot to mention that! If you ever find the video tape of these two episodes, GET IT! I think it was put out by Rhino. I know they put out a cd in 1988 which I still have. Combines songs & skits. Funny as shit and then some.

Vim from Bad News narration (played by Adrian Edmonson):

"I could play Stairway To Heaven when I was 12. Jimmy Page didn't actually write it till he was 22. I think that says a lot."

Jazzdog; is your avatar The Young Ones, I can't quite make it out.

I have it..or should say I HAD it...Bad News and the Dangerous Brothers...I think my ex roommate might have snaked them from me. :(

Yes, Father Ted is slowly taking over from the Young Ones as my favotire BritCom.

DRINK!!!

One of my favorite sections from Bad News is when Rik Mayall is talking to his mom on the phone about returning some overdue library books for him and when he realizes the camera is on him he switches into Rock Star mode...

"Blairs' Origins of Feudal Brittan....Quo, Motorhead, Uriah Heep, and loads of bands...and you can quote me on that"

God how I loathed 'The Young Ones'!!!!

Have you had 'The Office' over there yet? Now there you are talking top rate UK comedy. Beg, steal or borrow!

YES...it has been on BBC America and the second season is coming out on dvd next month!!!

"and the good news is, I'm being promoted..."

great stuff

Den Dennis (Neil in TYO) comes out of the bathroom at a recording studio & looks at the camera:

"I could've just dumped where Jimmy Page did, or Ozzy Osbourne, or Lemmy! Who has been here?"

Pause

Den toward camera: "Bananarama."

Den- I'm not getting back in the truck until Vim says that were Heavy Metal!

and from the Young ones

Neil - Yeah, let's never wash our clothes again

Mike - Whatta mean, again!!

Love those guys!

I had the insight/"stoopidity" to tape on VHS all of "The Young Ones" episodes back when it was regularly on MTV. "Bambi" is a/the favorite episode, along with that episode featuring "Brian Damage". I suppose I'll have to spring for the DVD (thanks...).

• 2 months later...

Finally picked it up this weekend, and it's worth every penny. So far, only got through "Destruction," "Oil," and "Boring." Love it! Absolutely love it!

Rik: Are these lentils South African? YOU BASTARD!!!

Vyvyan: Alright then: hello there, Cliff Richard!

Rik: BASTARD!!!

Love the part in the documentary where the producer says this was just an excuse to say BASTARD on the telly. Nobody said/yelled it better than Rik, IMHO!