Everybody Loves Raymond

robviti

I just saw an episode of Everybody Loves Raymond that originally aired last December. I'm sure you vinyl enthusiasts would appreciate the storyline. It seems that Raymond ruined his father's jazz record collection when he was a kid. "I used to look to Duke and Dizzy to take me away," his father muses aloud. "Away from her!" he adds, pointing to his wife. To make up for his past sin, Raymond gives his father a small cd sysytem for Christmas, along with some jazz cds, including Ben Webster Meets Oscar Peterson.

So here's the part that should amuse you guys: his father and mother hate the cd technology. Remember, these are the folks that were traumatized by the "fruit of the month club" gift of last year. Ray's brother "saves the day" by giving their father an array of classic jazz vinyl he found at flea markets, garage sales, etc. Ray is outraged and tries to prove the cd's superiority by putting on the Peterson cd. It sounds great, but the father pulls the plug. Then they put on the vinyl, which is full of pops, clicks, and other obvious noises. The father exclaims something like: "Ah that's my jazz!" Ray asks, "So what am I supposed to do with these cds?" His father ironically replies: "Listen to them. You might learn to like them. You should keep an open mind!"

Anyway, I hope you lovers of vinyl get a chance to see this episode some day. It was a hoot!

Guest ariceffron

GOD FUCKIKNG DAMMIT!!!!!!! I WAS GOING TO WATCH THAT BUT I HAVE TO FINISH MY PUBLIC OPINION ASSIGNMEMNT AND I THE FUCKING CABLE....***CABLE*** tv AT SCHOOL SKIPPED FROM 13 TO 23. I NEEEDED ##22## GOD DAMMIT. I HAVE JUST RECENTLY STARTED TO GET INTO THIS SHOW. PATRICIA HEATON IS INCREADIBLY ATTRACTIVE. SO MUCH SO I TRY NEVER TO MISS A EPISODE M-F. SHE IS REALLY A PRETTY ITALIAN WOMAN. THEN BESIDES THAT, IT HAPPENS THAT THE SHOW REALLY IS PRETTY FUNNY. IT REALLY IS. RAYMOND IS FUNNY. BUT NOT AS FUNNY, AS PATRICIA HEATON IS HOT