Doug MacDonald Quartet Centerpiece 05:55  
  Doug MacDonald Quartet Too Late Now 05:30  
  Doug MacDonald Quartet Hortense 03:56  
  Doug MacDonald Quartet On The Alamo 07:09  

Doug MacDonald - Guitar

Bob Sheppard- Tenor Saxophone

Carey Frank - Hammond B3 Organ

Benjamin Scholz - Drums

A long-time resident of Los Angeles, MacDonald was born in Philadelphia and raised in Honolulu, Hawaii, leaving in 1982 to pursue the mainland’s broader music opportunities. Since then, he has created a kind of “portable” career for himself, on the West Coast, New York, Las Vegas and, more recently, internationally. He has been well featured as a sideman in live performances with Stan Getz, George Shearing, Joe Williams, Sarah Vaughan, Buddy Rich, Scott Hamilton, Richard Groove Holmes, Ray Charles, Rosemary Clooney among others.

He has recorded with a virtual who’s who of jazz, including Jack Sheldon, Hank Jones, Bob Cooper, Snooky Young, Bill Holman and the Clayton/Hamilton Jazz Orchestra. Doug's latest release, "Organisms" is a homecoming of sorts. Produced and recorded in LA, this album features a cast of fantastic West Coast musicians including legendary tenor saxophonist Bob Sheppard, B3 organist Carey Frank, and drummer Ben Scholz.

Says Doug, "This is the thirteenth album and the third organ project that I have had the privilege to release - not only as a band leader, but as a composer and arranger as well. Each recording project is a unique experience and I am grateful to have had the opportunity to play music with Bob, Carey, and Ben.This material on this album is fresh and the synergy between players is palpable. Thank you also to Talley Sherwood at Tritone Studios, and Robert Vosgien at Capitol Records for your recording expertise. And of course, thank you to my lovely wife Eva and son Doug for your support. I hope you enjoy this latest musical adventure."

- Doug MacDonald

image-9dd5c4acb1db4c909a9df38ee7d5d69e-f