Bill Hollis Trio??

brownie

Noticed this LP by the Bill Hollis Trio 'The King George II Inn Presents' on the BH (Bill Hollis?) label when I visited a secondhand store. This was recorded in New Jersey in 1983 by pianist Bill Hollis with Sam Tart on bass and Lindy Ewell on drums. The record also features tenorsaxophonist Ellsworth Gooding who seems to have played in Philadelphia. Anybody knows about these people? And the album? Any good??

• 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...

This lp, The King George II Inn presents The Bill Hollis Trio, was the only recording that the trio released. Both pianist / composer Hollis and drummer Ewell have passed (Hollis 1/2010 and Ewell 2005 I think) Sam Tart's status is unknown. I will be releaseing a digital version along with some other unreleased originals by Hollis inthe next few weeks. Samples are online now at www.reverbnation.com/billhollis. We also have another product at www.reverbnation.com/ernieedwards. You may like that as well.

Thanks

Edited by visionventures

Hey Brownie,

I'll find out from his wife or son if there are any more original lp's left. I think they may have a couple if you are interested, just leave me a post and contact information. I'm on a search for the Ellsworth Gooding cut with Ivan Jones. I never knew that. He too passed (cancer) a few years after the recording was released, but is on a couple more cuts that will be part of a later release.

"It's About the Music" :w

Edited by visionventures

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

This lp, The King George II Inn presents The Bill Hollis Trio, was the only recording that the trio released. Both pianist / composer Hollis and drummer Ewell have passed (Hollis 1/2010 and Ewell 2005 I think) Sam Tart's status is unknown. I will be releaseing a digital version along with some other unreleased originals by Hollis inthe next few weeks. Samples are online now at www.reverbnation.com/billhollis. We also have another product at www.reverbnation.com/ernieedwards. You may like that as well.

Thanks

If we are talking about the same bassist, Sam is still alive and well, but has moved on to the piano.

Thanks

If we are talking about the same bassist, Sam is still alive and well, but has moved on to the piano.

Thanks

Wow! That's great news about Sam. Have him contact me as soon as possible @www.reverbnation.com/billhollis.