Who the hell...?

tonym

They used to have a picture of some 80's funk band, with the bio for Larry Young. I imagine there are some other similar goofs too.

Heck, as big as their database is, there's bound to be some mistakes of all kinds in there -- including associating the wrong picture with the wrong artist.

Guest akanalog

this isn't as bad as it looks. this is an image of alphonse mouzon from the molde concert-which is an arild anderson album released on ECM. taylor is the pianist on the album. so i think this was a matter of showing the wrong part of the photo or the wrong photo-i don't remember if the album has individual photos or there are some full band photos or what.... but the goof is not as far off as one would think.

I don't know when AMG finally fixed it, but did anyone else notice that if you typed in Louis Armstrong, under artists, it pulled up only Louis Armstrong Alumni!

You had to then switch over to titles, type in his name, and then click on the first cd with his name as a title of a cd, THEN you could pull up the bio and all the cds! :wacko:

Their old search function used to NOT bring up John Patton when you typed "John Patton" as the search key. You had to type "Big John Patton" to get the right guy. They've since changed their search function (maybe about a year ago), and now it works just fine.

But for a while there - it was like pullin' teeth to try to get to John Patton's bio (I always had to find some album by somebody else, that he was a sideman on - and then click on his name) - before I discovered that "Big John Patton" was the super-secret password to get directly to his info.