IT"S HOT, DAMN HOT!!

Just came back from checking out board member Free For All's swingin', toe tappin' session over at Fort Meyers :tup.....and will cool down with a

I've one of those in the fridge right now. got it for Miranda, but hence she's been really sick this week...so I think I might actually drink it. Even though it's only 9:30 AM, I think it might actually help my sluggish mood this morning!

Up to high 50's with afternoon bright sun. Perfect for this:

thepartysinthebottlea.jpg

while watching the Bay Hill Invitational. Stuart Appleby shot 6 under for a 66 today (uh oh... 6....66, wonder what *that* means?) ^_^ Tiger is totally choking.

Edited by rachel

I'm with BFrank. Yesterday was the first day we didn't have record breaking heat in SF or Oakland and it was just lovely. I hate hot weather. Today was a little warmer but still mild. I spent the afternoon in Berkeley wandering down Telegraph Avenue buying incense and looking for a Dennis Gonzalez record at Rasputin's and Amoeba record stores. This is why we put up with the earthquakes (she said hoping not to jinx the gods of 6.0+ earthquakes), the mild weather.

Up to high 50's with afternoon bright sun. Perfect for this:

thepartysinthebottlea.jpg

while watching the Bay Hill Invitational. Stuart Appleby shot 6 under for a 66 today (uh oh... 6....66, wonder what *that* means?) ^_^ Tiger is totally choking.

Is that what's-his-bucket who used to sing with Van Halen? Sammy Hagar?

You know it just finished snowing seven to ten a couple days ago and now we got freezing rain tonite. My kids are yelling at me to come down and check the wood stove which I just stoked after having to make yet another run to Home Depot to get some lathe to slice up for kindling so with all the compassion I can muster Mr C.... all I can say is "go hug a saguaro"! :g

Geez, freezing rain huh? What a drag. Guess I shouldn't tell you that spent 3 hours this afternoon parked next to the Potomac over at Bolling Air Force Base.....sun roof wide open.... flipping through the paper...perusing Albertson's book...catching a few zzzzz's beneath the glorious sun. :P And to think I'd trade it all away for a bucket of them thar North Shore fried clams of yours. :excited:

Edited by Son-of-a-Weizen

Berigan, the Coupe is cool as hell.

A buddy of mine in cali just picked up a convertible Continental with the suicide doors. Aside from a few minor rust spots the car is straight.

Makes me want to resume my search for the another Caddy.

I miss my Convertible! :( Those Lincolns are sweet! I am such a car whore, at least for those from the 60's.

All the old folks in AZ, are the Caddys as plentiful as they once were there? I was In Phoenix in the late 80's broke, and just walking around with my mouth open at all the rust free old cars...... :blink:

Edited by BERIGAN

It's been blazing here in the SF Bay Area for the last couple of weeks. Of course, at this time of year, for us "blazing" means around 80 degrees. So we're loving it! I don't even want to think about what this means for summer, though. If we get up there in the 110 range again like the summer before last, I'll be dying. No air conditioning, running from cat to cat trying to keep them damp and cool...not a lot of fun!

After the barrage of typhoons we got this winter, I'll never complain about sun and heat again!

Well, until it gets REALLY hot, then I'll whine like a baby. ;)

Hey! Speak for yourself. I live here because it so RARELY gets hot. I like the cool weather.

... and the fog is GREAT. Bring it ON! :tup^_^

I actually find the fog (day after day after godamn day) kind of depressing. But it does keep the heat off, I can't deny that.

Hello Goodspeak. Nice to see you too.

We've just had storms:

1. My fence blew down on Friday night. Damn! I'll have to hold a Chinese Fence Building Party to get it straight!

2. Walking through Nottingham on Saturday an opticians sign blew off its post and crashed to the ground behind me, five seconds after I'd walked past the spot!

3. Got to the school I work at this morning to find the roof had blown off the PE facilities.

What's going on. England is supposed to be temperate!